Where are the 2013 reviews?

Because MXA and Dirtbike mag have said that the FE and the '13 are mechanically identical.

I am assuming they are not trying to hide something.

It's not like the FE is a 'special' production run. Just special paint and plastics.

Usually, the 'special edition' ploy is to move out older, staler models, before the upcoming model releases. It's a European thing. VW used to do it every three years with a 'Wolfberg Edition' model. The 400 FE's made to meet the Amalgamation rules was also spun into a very smart ploy to call attention to the all-new KTM motor and frame design, while allowing Dungey to ride a 2013 model before it's 'release'.

Roger Decoster was the man who made this happen for Dungey. The 2012 was pig and a bomb, and RD was afraid he would have put Dungey on the 350!

...and it absolutely does matter if you change the oil height. A 5cc reduction will give you about 1.0" more travel at your full impact.

Unlike a fork spring, Air does not compress in a linear fashion.

How did you like the suspension on YOUR SE??? I'm assumming you have one or at least got to ride one...

Thanks for the suspension tips, I do have a clue with changing oil height and how it affects the travel... except for these forks... The stiff valving is what is keeping the travel from being affected...

100 ft table top is at speedworld, suprise AZ, pretty easy to overjump ...

Not sure how you managed to get it past the shock resorvoir, I've tried it and cannot make it work.

remove the muffler off the back end, slightly flex the sub frame arm out and gently roll and twist the header out the front. i have done it many times.

i run two 350's and have never removed a shock to swap exhaust systems.

keep trying - it will work without scratching or damaging anything.

good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Anything yet on the 450 X C - F? I'm looking at one tomorrow don't know if they'll let me ride it or not unless I'm going to buy it. I'm really happy with 2011 530XC-W for my uses. It sees less track time than the 650R though ?

What dealer has a 2013 450 XC-F?

That's funny.. No one, including the manager at moto city, has any idea what your talking about...

Check your sources.....

I was at MotoCity on Thursday, 8/16/2012. When I loaded my bike I asked to go take a look at the 2013 450XC-F. Right then I was told there were none on the floor but there would be one at least in the 6 new crates they just got in. That's my source. Whether there was a 450XC-F in a crate or not I can't say since I 've not followed up on it. Apparently you have followed up on that and I'm sure you would be the first to know if a 450XC-F arrived at MotoCity.

Edited by cubera