Sign in to follow this  

Help please kdx200

Yes, they fit very well in a KDX chassis. I had an 08 KLR650 that was a pig off-road, so I decided to put the torquey engine in my 97 KDX200 chassis. It needed just a few modifications, heavier fork springs and such, but all in all it only took about 6 or 7 hours to do.

I now have a great offroad torque-mobile that can handle anything including supercross tracks. If I had that bike setup back in the day I would have won harescramble overalls instead of being an also-ran.

One thing I decided to do was use the KDX dual radiators as the KLR only has one, and with all that power being used to its potential off-road, I figured it needed all the cooling it could get.

Edited by SPUTTER

Yes, they fit very well in a KDX chassis. I had an 08 KLR650 that was a pig off-road, so I decided to put the torquey engine in my 97 KDX200 chassis. It needed just a few modifications, heavier fork springs and such, but all in all it only took about 6 or 7 hours to do.

I now have a great offroad torque-mobile that can handle anything including supercross tracks. If I had that bike setup back in the day I would have won harescramble overalls instead of being an also-ran.

One thing I decided to do was use the KDX dual radiators as the KLR only has one, and with all that power being used to its potential off-road, I figured it needed all the cooling it could get.

You know the ad where the e-trade baby says "this is my surprised look?" I think I'm gonna go do some measuring on my KLR and my KX.

Edited by Bolon Yokte K uh

You know the ad where the e-trade baby says "this is my surprised look?" I think I'm gonna go do some measuring on my KLR and my KX.

Did u ever see if the 650 could fit in the kx?