Found a good deal on a carb

Was your carb from a YZ450F, or a YFZ450?

BIG difference.

I found out it off a YFZ450 I already moded for the cables Ect.

Drilled and tapped so the return cable would work checked all the jets cleaned the whole carb blew in out with compressed air ect.

Edited by marv02

That changes everything. That's off a quad, and is basically a "smog" carb. The pilot air circuit is completely different, and you might not have a lot of fun getting that sorted out.

So far it runs good off the the bottom I have not messed with the Neddle yet I get the main right and go from there.

I checked the 2nd wire controls the Idel I think it increase or retards it it more or less a servo it not hooked up so it should not effect anything.

The rest of the Carb looks like a standerd inside it has a #50 leak jet 170 main, 48 Pilot, 51 Silde, needle 2nd off the bottom.

The fuel screw 2 turns out

Edited by marv02

Did some quick diging around the say both of the carbs are more or less the same.

Like I said I had to drill a hole and tap the crab body for the return throttle cable the 2nd wire for Smog like you said that changes the idel which I not hooking up it looks like it either give more or less gas when needed.

Jetting no big deal after all these years of riding jetting not a big deal I let you know what jetting work for me when I get done with it.

But it might be awhile I dont ride the bike that much once a month if I lucky family needs comes first.

First get the Main right then the needle get the pilot right then start all over to get it fined tuned.

Interesting. The needle seems high if I read that right. Second groove from the bottom would be #6 out of seven from the top; pretty rich.

Have you checked to see if the slide clears the bore at full throttle? Might ave a long stop screw like the WR's.

I take a look at this in the morning it has a long stop screw.

Where do you think where the needle should be at.

Edited by marv02

I had a chance to check the float leave it where it should be.

I try to find time to check the slide when it wide open.

I still waiting for the jets to show up I will also check the plug wire If it not having a good seat in to the boot I had this issue before It run fair in low RPM's but it cause a miss in the upper RPM's range.

Hey got a chance to work on the bike I changed the needle position to #4 at took a look to make sure the coil wire not loose in the Spark pulg cap.

After giving everything the once over I found the Hot start off my stock 426 carb is the Issue it not bottoming out in the carb hot start bore.

So I order a Hot start cable and fitting for the 450 carb this should fix the miss fire it was running to lean when the bike would be reved out in the Higher RPM range.

• Like 1