trx450er vs raptor700

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently sold my Raptor 700 and really wish I could have kept it....my garage was just too full and several somethings had to go. I kept a Yamaha YFZ450 quad in its place. To me, the Raptor was so fun because it pulls forever and since mine was stock, it sounded very solid---sometimes the racier a bike is, the more it sounds like it is coming apart lol, plus needs more mechanical attention typically.

I loved the electronic fuel injection aspect of the Rap. Some complain that the Rap 700 is top heavy and tippy...never got that feeling since it was also very heavy on the bottom as well. It had so much power that it would drift no matter what speed you were going so to me that solved any tippiness. I took it on straights, and took it through some very rough trail---rocks, gullies, woods...it never let me down. The Rap never felt hot, but the YFZ sure does, especially by the exhaust pipe...it tends to fry your leg. Don't get me wrong, the YFZ is fun, but there was something about that Rap that is irreplaceable.