Sign in to follow this  

MH3 Starcross Michelin's

I'm thinking about trying these tires. I mostly ride hard packed clay and strip pit type tracks. My stock 756 rear has about 15 knob's gone and I finally got a leak. I'm also still running the stock 742 front. What am I to expect out of the MH3's over the stock tires?

Thanks guys!

Brad

1st POST!

Edited by BMP

Starcross rears are great, I dont like fronts much. I get MS3's, call them "the brick". Great wear/carcass/traction. You should like the MH if not in soft stuff much. I got a Bridgestone 404 on now, I like it but going back to a MS3.

iv tryed the mh3 on my 250 and it wore great i rode it for 4 months. about 4 races and some practice days. hooked up pretty good until the end. when im done with the tires on my new 250 ill be putting on a ms3 450 size.

Thanks for the replies guys! Most all of my riding is hard packed. At least this year! No rain = concrete! I've got them coming so I'll give a ride report in a few days. I think they will be much better than the stock tires.

Brad

How would the MH3's be in softer loam? I would assume that a hard tire in loam is better than a soft tire on hard pack as it would get shredded.

Brad

How would the MH3's be in softer loam? I would assume that a hard tire in loam is better than a soft tire on hard pack as it would get shredded.

Brad

Tire compounds are usually opposite of terrain designation. So you want a soft compound (hard terrain) to flex/grip around a hard surface so it doesn't slip. Soft terrain tires usually wear better as the compounds are harder to not flex in soft stuff. These are all focused around performance not wear like a car tire so you might go through a hard terrain tire faster but you are getting better performance in that terrain, and there are more knobs (edges) to grip. Where as a soft terrain you want to dig more.

That how I have always understood it, anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

..Oh and I think MH's are good in soft too.

Edited by scientoothical

i use mh3s at my local sand tracks and when i ride at southwick. handles great.

Tried them for about 2 hours this weekend on the strip pit track as well as my small track at home. The ground was dry at both places and the pits had a ton of marbles. They are actually holding up very well. They have way better grip on my track at home than the stock 756-742 combo. I am more than satisfied!

Brad

Got about 15 hours on the tires. Conditions have been really dry and hard. The rear tire is holding up pretty good. The front edge of the rear knobs are worn and the rear edges are feathered slightly. There is absolutely no chunking or ripped knobs at all. These will last way better than the stock 756 rear tire in these conditions.

Brad

I put MH3 on the front and back of my 06 KX450 last year. Probabaly have about 25 hours on them already and they are in great shape. I ride med to hard pack most of the time. I also in sand sometimes too, and they seem to work well. I'd def buy them again.

I think the MH3 front and rear is one of the best all around combos you can get. It works well in mid-hard terrain (like it was intended) and still works pretty well in softer terrain, though obviously a sand tire works a little better for this. I don't think you will be disappointed with them.