Sign in to follow this  

white 1990 kdx

What ever happened to all the white ones? It was the first bike I ever podiumed on, and other than one recent post on here, I havent seen one anywhere for years! Were the green ones that much more popular? Lost mine in bitter divorce and have wanted one ever since.

I love the white KDX's. Unfortunately there were quite a bit less of the white ones made and they were only offered a few years. I know there is one other member here that has an immaculate white one that he has turned into a super-moto. Anyways, if you can't find one to buy then make your own. That is exactly what I did!

IMG_4624.jpg

Edited by SS109

Cool, yours was the one i referred to in the post, the one that bought up all the old memories!

I believe the E series in white was only available in limited numbers in 90 and 91. Or was it 91 and 92? One or the other. I had a ragged out white 91. Traded it off about a year ago, and sure wish I hadn't!

It was '90 and '91. From what I understand the white '91's were even rarer because they were only available to use up the left over white parts. Also, I believe there was an '87 or '88 C-series white model available.

Edited by SS109

84 KDX80 and KDX200 were offered in red, 88, 90, 91 KDX200 offered in white...otherwise for USA, all lime green

Edited by KDXGarage

I have a polar white one, only 1400 original miles, top end has never been off! Don't know how to post a pic here or I would. I'd like to buy ss109's!

White KDX's are definitely rare. I've had a '88 and a '90 both in white. The '90 just got a "frame-lift", 30 lbs. of liposuction and a little "nip and tuck", seat cover done and still working with Decal Works on some retro graphics. I've had 2 green KDX's and still have a green KLX300 but always liked the white better.

P9110026.jpg

Edited by marrk_us
  • Like 1

That's an awesome conversion, did u do it yourself? In case you didn't know, you can still get the 1990 kdx graphic new I believe, if you were so inclined.

That's an awesome conversion, did u do it yourself? In case you didn't know, you can still get the 1990 kdx graphic new I believe, if you were so inclined.

Here's a link to my build http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=11214

The stock graphics won't fit on the cr shrouds. Decal works can reproduce them to fit the cr, it's just a matter of figuring out some of the other details.