Rotella T Kool-aid

I'm drinking it.

Have about 600 miles on some 15w-40 I bought at walmart. I made the switch from Lucas motorcycle oil. I change every 1000 miles.

2 things I've noticed with it in the xrr.

My clutch action is greatly improved, not nearly as grabby and jerky. Clutch engages predictably and smoothly.

Shifts are smoother and not as notchy even at 600 miles. In fact it has the same feel that it does after a fresh change with the Lucas, but that would quickly disappear after 1 or 2 rides.

Maybe Its just better than that crap Lucas I was using? I'm sure there are other oils that could have the same effect too.

and at 12.99 a gallon I'll change it as much and as often as I want!

Edited by Jayrod1318

I used Mobile 1 in my XRL, I know it's a different bike and went to Lucas 20w-50 for the hot south texas summer and the oil started getting dark fast. I'm talking within 500 miles it was darker than the Mobil 1 10w-40 at 1800 miles.

Even with a cooler it's just a matter of time till I cant find neutral while stopped at the light due to what appears to be hot oil and stubborn shifter. I have heard Rotella has alot of ZDDP in it. What's the change interval people run with it? Maybe 1000 miles?

BTW I just love oil threads. They just seem so interesting to me.