Sign in to follow this  

2013 kx250f

Well I just got my 2013 kx250f from the dealer yesterday and really looking forward to heat cycle-ing the engine and riding it saturday or sunday. I am coming off a 2009 kx450f i bought brand new and loved the power but thought the bike didnt turn to well.

The reason I decide to over to a small bike was I rode my wifes CRF250R (2010) and that bike was a blast with great braking and ability to corner, hoping i havent gone wrong with buy a kawasaki 250f but I will keep everyone informed of my personal review if you care to read it.

Edited by kx32

Well I just got my 2013 kx250f from the dealer yesterday and really looking forward to heat cycle-ing the engine and riding it saturday or sunday. I am coming off a 2009 kx450f i bought brand new and loved the power but thought the bike didnt turn to well.

The reason I decide to over to a small bike was I rode my wifes CRF250R (2010) and that bike was a blast with great braking and ability to corner, hoping i havent gone wrong with buy a kawasaki 250f but I will keep everyone informed of my personal review if you care to read it.

The bike will handle much better than any 450 I have yet to get into a situation where I wish my 11 was more like a 125 2 stroke. You may however regret heat cycling the motor and not just running it in hard as the rings will not seat as well to the nickasyl. But everybody has their own way of doing it.

• Like 2

I also had a 09KX450 new. Incredible motor and straight line stability. I also could not corner very well. Went to a 08CRF250 and got back to enjoying moto. Tried the 350 and loved it. But it also was too heavy. Now 12 RMZ250. Sooooooo good. Not missing the big bore/weight even a little.

I do believe my next bike with be a 13 or 14 KX250F. The motor/weight combo is going to be perfect. That top end punch is awesome on a 250F. If it handles almost as well as my Zook I will be pumped to get one. Waiting for the shootout (and to wear out my RMZ a little more).

I expect 250F results for 2013 to be:

1. Green

2. Yellow

3. Red

4. Blue

5. orange

I also had a 09KX450 new. Incredible motor and straight line stability. I also could not corner very well. Went to a 08CRF250 and got back to enjoying moto. Tried the 350 and loved it. But it also was too heavy. Now 12 RMZ250. Sooooooo good. Not missing the big bore/weight even a little.

I do believe my next bike with be a 13 or 14 KX250F. The motor/weight combo is going to be perfect. That top end punch is awesome on a 250F. If it handles almost as well as my Zook I will be pumped to get one. Waiting for the shootout (and to wear out my RMZ a little more).

I expect 250F results for 2013 to be:

1. Green

2. Yellow

3. Red

4. Blue

5. orange

I agree with this but I would swap 4 and 5.

OK here is my impressions after coming off a 09 kx 450

I heat cycled the bike at a grass lot near the house and while doing so I found the brakes to start out a little weak but within 4 or 5 hard brakings hey came around and are amazing. Feels like you could do a nose wheelie is a heart beat.

The frame felt noticable smaller and almost instictively easy to turn. Bike turns alot better then my 09 kx450 would.

Power was nice and smooth the whole way up with a constant pull from bottom to top.

Now yesterday I went to the track and it was wet but came around later in the day, so this is based off racing conditions.

Bike has amazing power and easily will run with a 450 but it turns so much better than my old bike, I was able to hooked the 180 turns from the inside with ease and rail right out of them.

250F had great straight line stablility and easy soaked up the breaking bumps.

Brakes are a huge improvement as you can dive into the corners fast and come out fast.

The new seat,tank and frame made the bike feel like and easy to manage, I was suprised at how easy it was to really squeeze my knees into the tank. Feels like the shrouds where made to help you find the right position and scooped out to make even the novice rider handle the bike better.

I am so glad I sold my 09 kx450f and bought the 2013 KX250F. I had thought a really man rides a 450 but now i know I am faster on a 250F than I ever was.

The only down side i could even thing about is how large the hand graps are on the side number plate. When you wash the bike the air filter will definately get wet, but that a very minor things.

Thumbs way up on this bike

I heat cycled the bike at a grass lot near the house and while doing so I found the brakes to start out a little weak but within 4 or 5 hard brakings hey came around and are amazing. Feels like you could do a nose wheelie is a heart beat.

The frame felt noticable smaller and almost instictively easy to turn. Bike turns alot better then my 09 kx450 would.

Power was nice and smooth the whole way up with a constant pull from bottom to top.

Now yesterday I went to the track and it was wet but came around later in the day, so this is based off racing conditions.

Bike has amazing power and easily will run with a 450 but it turns so much better than my old bike, I was able to hooked the 180 turns from the inside with ease and rail right out of them.

Brakes are a huge improvement as you can dive into the corners fast and come out fast.

The new seat,tank and frame made the bike feel like and easy to manage, I was suprised at how easy it was to really squeeze my knees into the tank. Feels like the shrouds where made to help you find the right position and scooped out to make even the novice rider handle the bike better.

I am so glad I sold my 09 kx450f and bought the 2013 KX250F. I had thought a really man rides a 450 but now i know I am faster on a 250F than I ever was.

The only down side i could even thing about is how large the hand graps are on the side number plate. When you wash the bike the air filter will definately get wet, but that a very minor things.

Twin air or no-toil air box cover. Not only will it allow you to wash your bike with the seat off keeping the box clean as well as under the tank and my biggest pet peave the rubber/plastic clear piece from the box to tank. I hate when that thing is all dirt stained it just screams I never took care of it. You should not wash a bike with a filter in there as dirt will pass into the intake..

• Like 1

do you know if the 09 kx450f intake cover will work on the 13 kx250f? I looked on twin air and they have the same part number for the 06-12's. So I would assume it would work

do you know if the 09 kx450f intake cover will work on the 13 kx250f? I looked on twin air and they have the same part number for the 06-12's. So I would assume it would work

DK is correct, they will work with one another...

If that was true nobody would ever buy a 450.

If that was true nobody would ever buy a 450.

running with does not mean beating. as in it could hold its own

maybe I should re-phrase and say do the smaller and narrower feel of the bike along with the power and braking ablity I can ride fast than I was on my 09 KX450. My 09 KX450 felt like a cadillac with a race engine (meaning it was fast but wasnt that great at braking and turning).

The 450 just felt long and hard to make tight turns with but the 2013 KX250F is Small, light and manueverable.

That is how I am now able to keep up with my riding buddies and/or pull away from them.