Sign in to follow this  

Triple Clamp from a 450

Do you know if KXF 450 triple clamp fits in a 250 2012? I've a Bud-Racing of my old bike and I would like to install it on my 250 if it fits.

Do you know if KXF 450 triple clamp fits in a 250 2012? I've a Bud-Racing of my old bike and I would like to install it on my 250 if it fits.

what year 450 is it off of? i have not looked into it much but the first thing i would think of is as long as the forks are the same size in diameter it should fit. that way the triple clamps down correctly.

The 450 has 48mm KYB forks and the 250 has 47mm Showa forks. I would doubt they use same clamps. One good way to find out is look at the aftermarket clamp manufacturers catalog and see if they list same clamp for both.

The 450 is a 2007, this TC fits 2006 to 2012 in the 450, the idea is to try in the 250, the top, the bottom or both ones.

The 450 is a 2007, this TC fits 2006 to 2012 in the 450, the idea is to try in the 250, the top, the bottom or both ones.

So look up a set of say pro circuit clamps for the year 250 in question, and see if the part number is the same as the clamp for the 450. Not all that difficult. A quick look at tucker rocky catalog shows 06-12 pro taper 450 clamps have a part number of 02-2705 and the 06-12 pro taper 250 clamps have a part number of 02-2704 so they are indeed different. Will it work Or not I dont know but it obviously wasn't designed too.

Pay attention to the distance from center of fork to center of fork. They may not measure the same. If not, you will need the correct wheel spacers.