Rotella 15w40 versus Motorex Top Speed 15w-50 - KTM 2 strokes

Almost all oil threads be pointless. 10w40 vs 15w40, rotella vs motul, synthetic vs regular, all be complete bs. Change air filter every other ride. Change oil often, every 3 full rides max. Clutch debris usually bigger factor than type of oil begin with. Maybe in cars it make big difference, but in dirtbikes, service interval be big thing.

And you base that one what research/knowledge? That statement has no basis whatsoever unless you can back it up with some useful relevant information

And you base that one what research/knowledge? That statement has no basis whatsoever unless you can back it up with some useful relevant information

I would bet he is basing it off of experience. I'm surprised the ATF army hasn't shown up here yet(I run ATF lol). I think you could run Crisco in a 2t tranny and be fine if it was changed often enough. Of course the clutch may be a bit grabby when cold…

• Like 1

Almost all oil threads be pointless. 10w40 vs 15w40, rotella vs motul, synthetic vs regular, all be complete bs. Change air filter every other ride. Change oil often, every 3 full rides max. Clutch debris usually bigger factor than type of oil begin with. Maybe in cars it make big difference, but in dirtbikes, service interval be big thing.

+1

• Like 1

I have a 04 125SX I built it in 07 with a Weisco 2mm single ring piston and had LA sleeve make me the first steel sleeve for KTM 125. since then the engine has never been apart and the still has the oem clutch.

I have only changed the oil once in the transmission since then and I use a 10W40 product.

I also have over 250 hours on the engine and lately it is the only transportation I have now.

I mix the gas 100:1 and the bike runs great. I wear out tires and change shock oil more than I touch my engine.

I would say that using top quality oil is better than changing out oil every othe ride, cause most of the guys down here that ride, they never are ready to go cause they have the bike in the shop for something or another.

I just rode my bike today like everyday the past 3 weeks 15 mile round trip and that KTM is one reliable bike!

Jjavier