Sign in to follow this  

Dealing with this Horrible shop...

Dropped my KX250f off at a shop to get a valve adjustment because Ive never really had experience doing so, I could learn, but i dont have a collection of shims and plus I've been busy with other projects/weddings/vacations, other typical summer stuff.

Anyways...Buddy at work recommends this dealership, they have a nice shop, seam reasonable priced(60$ a hour), and somewhat friendly. They tell me they are busy but can get to the bike in a couple days. "A couple" (maybe 3-4 days), still no call or report back. So I call "we'll get to it later this week" is the reply.

The bike will have been there two weeks starting tomorrow, I called AGAIN and they said they started looking at it, and will probibly get to it today, havent heard anything back yet.

Is this the typical run around you get from motorsports shops? I have never had such terrible customer service from any repair shop, and thats dealing with my cars, trucks, Harleys, Snowmobiles. At this point i want them just to fix the friggin thing but i mean TWO weeks for a valve adjustment!!

Just want to see if people have had similar experiences, what they did about them, and what can be done to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks

• Like 1

way too long for a valve adjustment...im no pro and i can do it in a couple hours at most...that should be a bread and butter service for them to knock out quick for you and them make money quickly and easily....i would pick your bike up and do it yourself...we can walk you through it....

IFFFFF They hadnt started looking at it, it would be in the back of my truck right now, but i just want it finished. I really want to get ahold of the shop owner and see if this is the type of service i should expect from them...

the guy i go to in cape cod mass, even if really busy, will do a valve adjustment in 45 minutes. i usually just have to drop it off and go get lunch and come back to pick up my bike and charge 65 an hour. definitely a bad shop your dealing with. get the bike back and find a good shop and it should be done in 2 days tops.

IFFFFF They hadnt started looking at it, it would be in the back of my truck right now, but i just want it finished. I really want to get ahold of the shop owner and see if this is the type of service i should expect from them...

No excuse, go get the bike. They are walking over you because you are letting them. Edited by YHGEORGE