lethalweapon100

What's the most ridiculous thing you've heard a non rider/less expirenced rider say?

6'4" dude

Me: So what bike do you have again?

Dude: A cr85 it's pretty fast

Me: You are pretty big for that thing (his knees have got to be up to his throat lol)

Dude: I'm no professional. But I need to get this bike fixed

Me: What's wrong with it?

Dude: I think it through a rod....

Me: What ratio were you running?

Dude: IDK I just got 5 gallons of gas and threw some oil in it. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

What kind of bike is that? a 250 two stroke. Does it have a powerband? yea.. a little bit...

Edited by Scatillac
  • Like 1

My johnny-come-lately sportbike riding friend with minimal experience just bought an 06 busa special edition with the pearl white paintjob. He won't stop asking when I'm gonna get a real bike. You know, because my supermoto'ed XR650R is just a flimsy excuse for a motorcycle. He does his best racing with his mouth anyways. His "hyper-sport" pretensions disappear at the sight of a corner.

Another guy I know grovels at the feet of pro riders and follows all the cool trends, which apparently includes practicing whips on the mini track.

He once told me he'd only buy a two stroke when he has more money. The funny thing is, he barely has the money to do a top end on a two stroke, much less a valve job or, god forbid, a massive failure on his clapped out YZ250F.

• Like 2

Last week one of my friends sees my 450 and asks if he can ride it. I asked you know how to ride, and of course he said yes. So I started it up for him and got him geared up and he points at the clutch and says thats the shifter right? and at that point I said hell no get off the bike. But he really wanted to ride and said teach him how to ride the bike. I was like no way to much power to teach with. Glad I didnt let him ride because not 10 mins after he was riding the ttr 90 and sat to far back and did a willie and right on his back, Some good road rash!

Ahahahaha, oh, oh god this topic has made my day!

When I get someone trying to talk about their bike that clearly doesn't know the anatomy, I ask them if they've recently changed the muffler bearings. Freaking hilarious when they say yes! Even better when they say 'of course' with an attitude like they arn't stupid. Especially when you catch them in a group of people that know what's up :) happens way more then you would think, especially with other girls and those little 'bro' dudes. Definitely some other good ideas I got from this topic though :D

Na better yet dual sport (ask for blinker fluid)

can change one by hand in under 30 minutes! what kinda shop is that??

Uhh, /me....

Takes me a little over an hour to take the wheels off, change the tires, clean everything up, and get the bike rideable again.

Technique and practice, yo.

Tonight I'll probably swap my studded tires out for knobbies, since the weather's going to be nice for a while.

Talked to the cable guy for a while the other day...I was hooking up the trickle charger to my Triumph Daytona when he walked into the garage and says...

"Man, I used to work as a mechanic at a bike dealership."

-Really, that's what's up man.

"Yeah man, those d*** street bikes just scare the heck outta me. Just crazy fast you know?"

-Yeah, they're pretty fast. So you worked at a dealership and never had a bike?

"Yeah, I used to have an old gixxer. My favorite thing to do was burnouts."

-Yep. Whenever we have a good fire going I like throwing money in there and just watching it flame up.

"Huh?"

hahahaha

• Like 2

I met a guy at a gas station and he saw my bike on the trailer and said nice bike i have a rm450sxf. i tried so hard not to laugh and said cool them laughed my ass off all the way home

• Like 3

Everything i'm about to say is 100% truth. Even though it's gonna seem like a list of the stupidest things you can do.So this guy whos a friend of mine asks me to help him work on his quad. He picked it up for 200 bucks and he said he cant get it to start. So I come over, and he's got a 1988 suzuki 250. It's been spray painted completely black, it minus well have street tires, and it's covered in monster energy stickers. So i'm like, lol, this is gonna be good. I check the gas and it has none, he says he's been trying to get it to run by injecting starting fluid in the carb. Lol. So we go to mix some gas, he guestimates some oil in his gas. I tried to explain to him why it was stupid but he didnt give many F@#$s. So he gets some gas in it, I sit on and go to kick start it. The kickstarter smacks up backwards into my foot and jammed my ankle. I was like &%$#@!? He says oh it does that sometimes. Whatever, so I get off, I also note how the suspension has literally no dampening what so ever. And I say lets try some starting fluid, but were gonna put it in the airbox this time. I open up the airbox and theres and airfilter that isnt even remotely the right size duct taped it there. It's also covered in holes and mud. So after trying for a while we get it started for about 30 seconds, I ended up killing it because it was spraying more smoke than a diesel mixed with motor oil and 2t oil. Also I notice the engine is ridiculously hot, like steam is coming from between the gaskets due to the gaskets melting. I wait for it to cool down and I check the radiator fluid, there is none. Meanwhile he's examining his engine. He says "I just don't know what went wrong", I just rebuilt the top end". I'm like lol, lets have a look then. At this point i'm still hanging around because i'm highly amused by the situation. We get the top end off, and I didnt even ask where he got the parts, but it's definately a broken piston with 1 of 2 rings. I pretty much tell him to scrap this thing for metal. Also somehow there was spray paint in the cylinder. So that's the stupidest situation involving motorized vehicles i've ever been in. But the stupidest part is, he threw the engine back together, and sold it for $600. Thats right, he made a 400 dollar profit.

• Like 4

Most dumb stories I hear start with "I had this bad arse bike back in the day, way faster than they make them now, it would get to like 80 in a second". They're usually referring to a two stroke designed before powervalves and when companies didn't bother trying to give the bike a usable power band. The things might have only made 30hp but when you go from 10 hp to 30hp over a couple thousand rpms, it "feels" fast.

I've also had non dirt bike people tell me my KX500 is a little bike with a little engine. Oh, and have had people tell me my WR250X is made for smaller people and I should get a bigger bike. Never mind you need to be over 6 foot tall to ride the thing without a lowering link. The short wheel base and upright seating throws them off.

People also come up to me at the gas pump when im on my WR250 and ask me "how fast does that go?, about 55mph?". They're usually being dead serious, not condescending. When I reply "low 90s" they're dumbfounded a dirt bike, a 250 dirt bike, will go that fast lol. I think their logic is "my 1200cc sportster goes about 120, that 250 can't go more than like half that right?"

haha I get the same thing on my wr250r. Ill pass people on the interstate and they give me a mean look every time..
  • Like 1

A buddy of mine always asked to take my wr250r out for a spin... So I let him take it out one day (knowing he could ride a little bit) so 20 minutes later he pulls up and parks it.. We start talking about the bike.. A few dumb questions later he points and asks "what's this thing do right here". Pointing at the rear break lever

some fag (my bestfriend) pulled that shit on me the other day, he stalls its a million times so finds a hill to get goin on then tries to shift before powerband even close to kicking in then when he comes to a stop he doesnt put his foot down then just drops it and bends my clutch lever :jawdrop::banghead::rant::foul: How everyone says why do you workout for motocross at school... :lol:
my buddy dropped mine and bent the clutch.. I asked him if he dropped it and he said no
  • Like 1

I had a guy tell me a few yrs back to try running my quad (yes, I ride both but don't own the quad anymore) w/out an air filter as it will breathe better & will be less resistance on the motor. I just laughed & said okay. Wonder how many engines he's rebuilt or replaced!!!

This has been crackin me all day.. So today a really fat lady I work with saw my bike and said it was a girl bike and that she use to drive a ninja.... I just laughed, I couldn't say anything back without being an &%$#@! to this fatty

• Like 3

This has been crackin me all day.. So today a really fat lady I work with saw my bike and said it was a girl bike and that she use to drive a ninja.... I just laughed, I couldn't say anything back without being an &%$#@! to this fatty

Maybe she was a Beverly hills ninja??

or

taco bell ninja...

• Like 2

After finding this post I catch on to a lot more of what poser people say to me. An old man who had a 2000 something fat boy Harley with probably only 3 miles on it told me to go get a real bike... Whata tool

After finding this post I catch on to a lot more of what poser people say to me. An old man who had a 2000 something fat boy Harley with probably only 3 miles on it told me to go get a real bike... Whata tool

Should of told him to grab some balls and get on a track with a dirtbike.

Edited by Crf450r64

Man I used to ride Harley's a lot but when I got back into Moto after many years I couldn't help but thinking how boring road bikes are when I was riding them!! I'm sure I'll get back into them when I get older but having way too much fun now!!

Harley's have had the same 1200cc engine for like 100+ years and the same body style.. Who would want to drive them

Not really 100 years just kidding

• Like 1