5 hours ago, kcposty said:

Ouch, your gas prices are high, $1/gallon more than kansas city

We pay too much to fuel our cars to drive the potholed roads too! Additionally, the best steakhouse in Seattle cannot beat the Appleby's in KCM at six times the price.

We pay too much to fuel our cars to drive the potholed roads too! Additionally, the best steakhouse in Seattle cannot beat the Appleby's in KCM at six times the price.

BBQ and steaks, meat is the mainstay of KC's diet, I miss the seafood I had growing up outside New Orleans
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, TheLittleYellowThatCould said:

Which tail light did ya end up going with?

I use cheapo $8 ones because I go through them so often. I use 3M tape, the same stuff that GoPros use, to stick it under my fender, it works fine. Plate is mounted with the DRC, but I want to get a custom one built for putting it right behind the airbox. Never liked the look of the DRC light. Haven't looked into it, but if I could get a WR450F light mounted up tight, I'd be really happy.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by HansLanda

Bought a K&N Air filter for my DRZ today as I'm going to have her fine-tuned on the bench anyway next weekend.
0000-k-n-high-flow-replacement-air-filter.jpg

Return that if you still can and get 2 or 3 foam filters for the same money. Dirt bikes don't have paper air filters, there are no performance advantages and a lot of disadvantages to using that filter.

The K&N is like removing the pilot air jet on the FCR, a bad habit that just won't die.
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Return that if you still can and get 2 or 3 foam filters for the same money. Dirt bikes don't have paper air filters, there are no performance advantages and a lot of disadvantages to using that filter.

The K&N is like removing the pilot air jet on the FCR, a bad habit that just won't die.

What are the disadvantages exactly? I found posts online about it not fitting that well, but that it also gave an additional 1bhp and would made it sound a bit lower. Where I live there's basically no dirt and I only ride on asphalt for 99% of the time. 

Returning it is no option, sending it back to the UK will cost me 1/4th of the new price. (€59,-)

screenshot_2017_06_08.png

screenshot_2017_06_08.png

Edited by NL_DRZ400

I bought one also and tired it. I hated how it fit. It's heavy, slides around on the sealing surface and don't fit into the box very well. I also didn't notice any performance difference for better or worse.

Per Eddie years ago, the only advantage in flow comes if you run it nearly dry. Since it's mostly a big plastic brick, that's probably true.

For comparison I know that an o-ring chain cost me almost 3 hp on a dyno until it warmed up.

I won't sacrifice chain longevity for 3 hp I can't even feel when I first take off down the road. 1 hp at the risk of ingesting dirt isn't even worth considering to me.

Keep the sealing surface greased and it well oiled and you'll be fine. Just don't expect any performance difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

For comparison I know that an o-ring chain cost me almost 3 hp on a dyno until it warmed up.

I won't sacrifice chain longevity for 3 hp I can't even feel when I first take off down the road. 1 hp at the risk of ingesting dirt isn't even worth considering to me.

i dont know .. i tried a good DID non-oring chain not really expecting much and its gone almost 4k miles only needing a single click on the adjuster .. granted its never seen offroad but personally i think chain quality is more important than if its oring onroad anyway long as you keep it greased .. i wipe it off and spray it once a week on my days off .. by comparison i had a renthal oring chain before, that again granted, i didnt take care of quite as good but only lasted about 3k until i decided it was 'turd-like' and got rid of it lol .. but my next chain will be another DID same model, love it ..

Edited by cowpie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NL_DRZ400 said:

What are the disadvantages exactly? I found posts online about it not fitting that well, but that it also gave an additional 1bhp and would made it sound a bit lower. Where I live there's basically no dirt and I only ride on asphalt for 99% of the time. 

Returning it is no option, sending it back to the UK will cost me 1/4th of the new price. (€59,-)

Good read right here....................

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

Unless you have modifications out the wazoo, a more porous filter will just dirty your oil! Some will say, I have used aftermarket brand X for XXX # years with no problems. The PROBLEM is you spent a chunk of change on a product that not only DID NOT increase your horsepower, but also let in a lot of dirt while doing it! Now how much is a lot? ANY MORE THAN NECESSARY is TOO MUCH!

Others are persuaded by the claims of aftermarket manufacturers that their filters filter dirt “better than any other filter on the market.” Sounds very enticing. To small timers like you and me, spending $1500 to test a filter sounds like a lot. But if you were a filter manufacturer and you believed your filter could filter dirt better than any other media on the market, wouldn’t you want to prove it? Guess what. Test your filter vs. the OE paper. It will cost you $3000 and for that price you will have the data that you can use in your advertisements. Your investment will be returned a thousand fold! EASIER than shooting fish in a barrel! So why don’t these manufacturers do this? Hmmm? Probably not because they would feel guilty about taking more market share.