Started to fix up my DRZ today after rehabilitating from an accident with the DRZ for over 3 months. Just ordered quite a bunch of stuff to get her on the streets again.

• Black Renthal Blackwall steering bar (suzuki/ktm factory bend)
  • Black V-face Headlight
  • Manual cam chain tensioner
  • Cam chain 
  • Black Aluminium radiator guards
  • Clutch lever
  • A set of Black and Red spoke wraps
  • Acerbis Supermoto front fender
  • Acerbis Rally III hand-guards.
  • Acerbis plastics kit

Goal is to make her look somewhat like this one: 
80edacd928017a514a63aa634666acc2.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/23/2017 at 2:06 PM, Ctopher86 said:

Today I found another OEM tank with shrouds for a pretty sweet deal on Fleabay. No scratches or dents and in perfect condition. Crazy I got both for what most people wanted just for the shrouds or just a tank.   I call it my 2 for 1 special. 

s-l500 (1).jpg

Alright.. the tank came in...I think I have a problem (other than my DRZ addiction).....i need some blue tank shrouds for 2003.... 

20171027_140615.jpg

• Like 5

Alright.. the tank came in...I think I have a problem (other than my DRZ addiction).....i need some blue tank shrouds for 2003.... 
20171027_140615.jpg.7f468dc8ac348cde27243274df1038ff.jpg
Lost my reply back when you first posted white tank. So here it is. Next good tank and shrouds for good price forward to me. Mines miss all decals and just looks sad.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Padilen said:

Lost my reply back when you first posted white tank. So here it is. Next good tank and shrouds for good price forward to me. Mines miss all decals and just looks sad.

Sure thing... I will keep a look out.

My intention was to just buy an acerbis or IMS tank with more capacity but I ended up scoring these OEM tanks for like 30-50 bucks each. I have seen a ton of them asking for $150 or more for just the tank but every once in a while one will pop up for a good deal. Both the white and the yellow tank were OEM take offs when the previous owners bought larger tanks and so they are near perfect condition. I got lucky to get the shrouds with those as a package deal for a super cheap price. The prices on ebay for some of the OEM plastics is just crazy.

Now when I get tired of riding the black bike I can do a quick swap and have a whole new look in a matter of minutes.  To be honest, all I really wanted was some white tank shrouds so I can put on a custom designed graphic kinda like Heavy Rotations bike. 

• Like 2

Sure thing... I will keep a look out.
My intention was to just buy an acerbis or IMS tank with more capacity but I ended up scoring these OEM tanks for like 30-50 bucks each. I have seen a ton of them asking for $150 or more for just the tank but every once in a while one will pop up for a good deal. Both the white and the yellow tank were OEM take offs when the previous owners bought larger tanks and so they are near perfect condition. I got lucky to get the shrouds with those as a package deal for a super cheap price. The prices on ebay for some of the OEM plastics is just crazy.
Now when I get tired of riding the black bike I can do a quick swap and have a whole new look in a matter of minutes.  To be honest, all I really wanted was some white tank shrouds so I can put on a custom designed graphic kinda like Heavy Rotations bike. 

Perfect for robbing banks.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ctopher86 said:

Sorry to hear that Brother.:cripple: You will be primed and ready come spring! :ride:

Thank dude. (Un)Fortunately we have year round riding here, which makes it that much harder. I'm going to save my gas money and put it towards my YZ rebuild I guess. After healing I probably won't want to get right into MX.

1 hour ago, Ctopher86 said:

20171027_140615.jpg

Really digging that white tank and shrouds! You have a few more colors to collect though. Dark Grey and Black come to mind... Was there a green one on the KLX400?

• Like 1

Not so much for the DRZ as it is for me/my helmet. 

I dont really ride in groups so I didn't feel the need to shell the extra out for a sena for a function I will not use. 

It has 2x 40mm speakers, mic, and 2x bluetooth channels for a GPS and music so you don't have to keep pressing play like some other cheapies. 

Screenshot_20171102-183530.png

Really digging that white tank and shrouds! You have a few more colors to collect though. Dark Grey and Black come to mind... Was there a green one on the KLX400?

So it turns out that there is a different gas cap for the CA model and the one I have on my current 2008 model will only fit the yellow tank. Both the white and blue tank require a slightly smaller gas cap....SMH[emoji13]

Does anyone supply an aftermarket gas cap that fits the California version. OEM wants $100

So it turns out that there is a different gas cap for the CA model and the one I have on my current 2008 model will only fit the yellow tank. Both the white and blue tank require a slightly smaller gas cap....SMH[emoji13]

Does anyone supply an aftermarket gas cap that fits the California version. OEM wants $100
My other bike is a TW200. Yamaha used two different sizes of caps over the years. I and others found that some lawn equipment gas caps work. Honda and HF Predator are a couple. Cheaper if you find one that fits.