Sign in to follow this  

trx 250 r wonderbike?

Why are these things so coveted? If they were such stellar machines why only a 4 year production run? They are nice looking, but why are they worth 6grand? Does the new 450 quad smoke this thing or what?

The 450 engines werent around till 98 when Yamaha built the 400 yz. If you compare cost of operation, the 250r is still cheaper and just as fun.

The 4 year production run is because of political pressure, Atvs were under a lot of heat for being unsafe so honda, kawasaki, and suzuki packed it in with the high power stuff. Yamaha kept the banshee but a stock banshee has no power so it was ok.

The 250r handles like a beast a stock 250r isnt worth much 1500-2k depending on area but they were the only machines on the racing curcuit for so long that the aftermarket developed them up so strong that some people have full aftermarket bikes that cost close to 20K to build and still sell used for 7-9K depending.

I race MX on my Walsh 265r and I love it my friends 4 yfzr, ltrs don't compare to my bike in handling. No I don't have the lazy out of the hole power but they can't keep up with me regardless.

These bikes are capable of a ton of power too, a 310 or a 330 are medium sized motors and they can pull several lengths on 450s in a drag race(again always depending on details). Don't even ask what a drag ported 370 can do.

The power issue always gets me. My 89 had a krank-it built motor. I'm 6'1" and 220 in great shape(rarely) and a 3rd gear take off wasn't as simple as 2nd but it would do it with my over-sized ass on it with 13/37 gearing and 11" wide grooved turftamers. I loved mine but sold it after highschool. I have a 08 trx450 now and I like it better but there's nothing like a 2stroke for the thrill. For what I paid for a pipe, you could get the 250 ported and a pipe.