Loud snap and unable to move kick starter

Hey guys during my last race I heard a loud snap come from my engine and the bike immediately died. As the title says when I tried to restart the bike the kick-starter would not move regardless of force. Can anyone give me an idea of what went wrong or what is broken on the bike? As always thanks for the help.

Ben

Hi how have you been with your maintenance if you have a ton of hours on your crank it may of failed,prevention is always better than waiting until it goes bang and cost far less in the long run sounds like its going to cost you a ton to fix it but the only way to find out is to strip it and see what's up,pull the top end of and take a look at it.

Your engine is blown, don't try to kick it again because you might do further damage.

How long do you have on the crank, bearing and piston ? This isn't a 2010 bike is it ?

Was there a problem with the 2010's, my crank seized at 40 hrs. The guy said that the 2010's had bad bearings in them or something?

Your engine is blown, don't try to kick it again because you might do further damage.

How long do you have on the crank, bearing and piston ? This isn't a 2010 bike is it ?

I stopped trying to kick it after I realized that something was wrong. And it's a 2006.

I stopped trying to kick it after I realized that something was wrong. And it's a 2006.

How many hours on the crank and other internal parts ? Sounds like your rod snapped, maybe you got lucky and only seized something though.

Pull the oil filter and see if there's any brass looking shavings in the filter. If there is, the connecting rod bearing is bad and you'll need a bottom end at minimum.

If no metal shavings are found, pull the valve cover and look at the end of the camshaft opposite of the ttiming gear on the cam. There's a little lever that flipps up and down (decompression weight). That has a return spring on it. If the spring is broke, it will act like the engine is locked up and the spring needs to be replaced.

These are the most common problems to look for, but it could be something totally different. This is the first step to determining what's wrong.