Sign in to follow this  

GPR stabilizers and customer service.. They Know how to do it right.

I'd just like to let everyone know that GPR is one of the best companies i have EVER dealt with. long story short, i bought a stabilzer for my cr250. found out the the bar mount would not fit the HRC top clamp and the nut wouldnt fit the stem i use. i called GPR and spoke to Randy Norman, and he offered to build me a bar mount for free if i sent him my top clamp. 3 weeks later, and im back up and running with my new stabilizer in Japan.

just wanted to give some praise for the awesome customer service. its very rare these days for a company to take care of people like that, and its nice to know that there are companies in our sport, that know how to do it right. I would highly recommend GPR to anyone... definitely some very cool people to deal with.

Edited by kuritaro9
  • Like 1

I'd just like to let everyone know that GPR is one of the best companies i have EVER dealt with. long story short, i bought a stabilzer for my cr250. found out the the bar mount would not fit the HRC top clamp and the nut wouldnt fit the stem i use. i called GPR and spoke to Randy Norman, and he offered to build me a bar mount for free if i sent him my top clamp. 3 weeks later, and im back up and running with my new stabilizer in Japan.

just wanted to give some praise for the awesome customer service. its very rare these days for a company to take care of people like that, and its nice to know that there are companies in our sport, that know how to do it right. I would highly recommend GPR to anyone... definitely some very cool people to deal with.

Nice try, GPR Rep...

Edited by lethalweapon100

Nice try, GPR Rep...

I kinda thought that at first but the guy has over 1400 posts and has been a member for quite awhile. I think hes pretty genuwine.....

Congrats on the GPR service......Im sure they would love to here that!

• Like 1

Nice try, GPR Rep...

not a Rep. im a military contractor in japan brother. just thought that they handled everything pretty good. i also dealt with applied racing at the same time because i am using 49mm works forks, and looked into having them make me a set of clamps so i could run the stabilizer. after i told John Duffy at applied what i was needing and what wasnt fitting my clamps, he suggested contacting GPR, and seeing what they could do before i went ahead and bought a new set of clamps from him. turns out the HRC stem is the same as a YZF, and they went ahead and either made or found some mounts that would fit the 104mm center to center bar mounts that HRC used. stock honda is 106mm.

as far as im concerned, both of those companies were top notch... GPR didnt have to get me the mounts, since i ordered one for a stock honda clamp(assuming the HRC one was the same) and applied could have just sold me a set of clamps i really didnt need without suggesting that i contact GPR first. being in Japan, i have to do everything through the usps snail mail, so it can be a pain in the ass to deal with orders that dont work out like you had hoped, so it was great IMO, that these 2 specific companies took the time to hook me up, when they really didnt have to do any of it. sure, i could have just returned the stabilizer, but i would rather keep it and see if i could get it to work on my set up.

Edited by kuritaro9
  • Like 2

I bought my over the bar stabilizer at a Worcs race here in Washington. The older guy was great to deal with, he was more than willing to fit my new stabilizer on my old CR. Great product and service.

• Like 1

not a Rep. im a military contractor in japan brother. just thought that they handled everything pretty good. i also dealt with applied racing at the same time because i am using 49mm works forks, and looked into having them make me a set of clamps so i could run the stabilizer. after i told John Duffy at applied what i was needing and what wasnt fitting my clamps, he suggested contacting GPR, and seeing what they could do before i went ahead and bought a new set of clamps from him. turns out the HRC stem is the same as a YZF, and they went ahead and either made or found some mounts that would fit the 104mm center to center bar mounts that HRC used. stock honda is 106mm.

as far as im concerned, both of those companies were top notch... GPR didnt have to get me the mounts, since i ordered one for a stock honda clamp(assuming the HRC one was the same) and applied could have just sold me a set of clamps i really didnt need without suggesting that i contact GPR first. being in Japan, i have to do everything through the usps snail mail, so it can be a pain in the ass to deal with orders that dont work out like you had hoped, so it was great IMO, that these 2 specific companies took the time to hook me up, when they really didnt have to do any of it. sure, i could have just returned the stabilizer, but i would rather keep it and see if i could get it to work on my set up.

Haha I'm just joking man.

I bought a used V1 yesterday, took it to GPR today. They serviced it for free, all new hardware and they changed out the bottom half of the unit with a new one. From all the reviews ive read it seems face to face anywhere there good to go, and phone calls seem to fall by the wayside. For the record there spot is devoted mainly to production, there isnt a receptionist or anything just the tech guys. Face to face im happy with the service.

I must agree that GPR customer service is great. I purchased a new stabilzer for a bike I did not own on ebay just because I got it for a steal and I already had the post for my bike. All I needed was the bar mount. I emailed them and asked them if they do some sort of trade in program for mounts and I have a new mount for a different bike. They asked me to send the mount to them and shortly thereafter I recieved a new bar mount (v2 underbar mount as that was what I was looking for). They did not even charge me shipping. Great company to deal with