Banshee questions

I am looking at crossing over to the dark side, go from bike to quad. Ever since my friend got a 400EX, I have been liking racing quads more and more, and I really like the sound of a Banshee so here are my questions.

As far as a 2 stroke goes, are they reliable? Or will I spend more time working on it than riding it? I take very good care of my things.

How are they for trail riding? That is all I do, and I have been told they are torquey but have never owned a 2 stroke quad before, I had a YZ85 once, but didn't like the feel of it. But I am a fan of smokers and would love a Banshee for this reason, also, how are they on gas? Would I have to carry extra on long trail rides?

How do they start? Electric, pull, or kick?

And lastly, what to look for if I find one I am interested in? I want to find one that is completely stock if possible so I don't have to worry about any homemade PO jobs that screws with the bike. Thanks for answering and happy, safe riding to all! ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, I made an account just to answer your question. I have a banshee and its my first quad. I love it so much. It is very very reliable. Ive been riding hard all season and compression is still high. Ive had no problems with it and i loveee it! Its awesome in the trails and amazing on the dunes... Mine has dual k&n air filters, fmf fatty with turbine core 2 silencers, renthal bars, dg alloy series nerf bars, dg fat v-pro bumper, itp holeshot tires, I think thats all... When you get one you wont regret it, Just make sure you dont get one thats been beat on. I do have to warn you though, Once you start buying things for it you'll never wanna stop.

They are okay on gas id say you can get 3 to 4 hours on it and they have a gigantic reserve tank so you should be all good, and they are kick start. Sign up on bansheehq.com Thats all it is is banshees and people on there will gladly help you out.

Chris.

Edited by dunesovertrails

• 1 month later...

Hey man, I made an account just to answer your question. I have a banshee and its my first quad. I love it so much. It is very very reliable. Ive been riding hard all season and compression is still high. Ive had no problems with it and i loveee it! Its awesome in the trails and amazing on the dunes... Mine has dual k&n air filters, fmf fatty with turbine core 2 silencers, renthal bars, dg alloy series nerf bars, dg fat v-pro bumper, itp holeshot tires, I think thats all... When you get one you wont regret it, Just make sure you dont get one thats been beat on. I do have to warn you though, Once you start buying things for it you'll never wanna stop.

They are okay on gas id say you can get 3 to 4 hours on it and they have a gigantic reserve tank so you should be all good, and they are kick start. Sign up on bansheehq.com Thats all it is is banshees and people on there will gladly help you out.

Chris.

Thanks for the response. Sorry I didn't get back to ya earlier. I am now looking at a 400EX, but if that deal falls out of the basket I will look into a banshee. Just got a deal lined up on this 400 that is almost too good to be true so am really jumping all over it. Thanks again and happy riding!

The EX is more reliable in terms of just riding and putting away wet, then riding again the next week. Before you get too carried away with upgrades (pipe/rejet/filter) take a look at having the stock suspension upgraded. It will go a long way in making you a better ride, whether you're on the trail or at the track. Quality tires specific to your terrain is also money well spent.

Post some pics when you get your 400.

The EX is more reliable in terms of just riding and putting away wet, then riding again the next week. Before you get too carried away with upgrades (pipe/rejet/filter) take a look at having the stock suspension upgraded. It will go a long way in making you a better ride, whether you're on the trail or at the track. Quality tires specific to your terrain is also money well spent.

Post some pics when you get your 400.

Will do! Hope the test ride goes well, I've herd good things about the EX and how reliable it is for trails which is all I do. Will probably get it licensed and use it for tooling around town too, much easier on gas than driving my pickup thats for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

mine is a 2000 stock suspension ported piped cool head on pump gas lightened flywheel duner bike and you would really have to be a good rider for tight trails but if their open trails it wouldent be so bad, a ex is better for trails really although my bike is the most reliable thing ivve ever owned and my friends have had shit luck with those four joke but there fun to ride when they run