Sign in to follow this  

chain lube that doesnt get all over everything

what do you guys run?

iv been using maxima chain wax, works good but damn it gets on everything, little black dots, hard as hell to get off.

i need a change

suggestions?

thanks

Not trying to play admin here but this should be in the general section because its not specific to a single bike

I run black label... it is supposed to be great GREAT stuff so that is what I run.... BUT it gets all over everything and I literally have to clean the chain area of my bike with thinner to get it off and make my bike purdy again

I also would love to here suggestions but I go riding with lots of guys and I have seen that most everyone runs black label and if they run something else it also slims up the bike...so I am open for suggestions.

i chose to post it here because i like the answers the kx250f guys have. i was hoping for a few guys to post that i know, know there stuff

The motorex stuff I used was pretty good, and I liked that I was given a Mini can that you could refill from the big can to leave in my tool box at the track rather than the big can. But I refuse to actually pay for it and havent been given any in a while so wd40 it is. Doesnt fling all over and cleans right up. Spray chain immediately after washing as well and you'll never have any rust. FOr all you guys using that sticky nasty chain wax/lube, ever thing about what happens when you put something sticky in dirt? All the dirt and dust/debris stick to the gunk on your chain, and then goes for a continuous ride on your chain over your sprockets at a very fast pace= Goodbye sprocket life. i've got 60 hours on a stock aluminum front sprocket thats seen nothing but moto.

Edited by dmm698

The motorex stuff I used was pretty good, and I liked that I was given a Mini can that you could refill from the big can to leave in my tool box at the track rather than the big can. But I refuse to actually pay for it and havent been given any in a while so wd40 it is. Doesnt fling all over and cleans right up. Spray chain immediately after washing as well and you'll never have any rust. FOr all you guys using that sticky nasty chain wax/lube, ever thing about what happens when you put something sticky in dirt? All the dirt and dust/debris stick to the gunk on your chain, and then goes for a continuous ride on your chain over your sprockets at a very fast pace= Goodbye sprocket life. i've got 60 hours on a stock aluminum front sprocket thats seen nothing but moto.

Aluminum FRONT sprocket???
  • Like 1

Aluminum FRONT sprocket???

one off, didnt mean to say stock, whoops. Edited by dmm698

Dumonde Tech chain oil is all I ever use. It works really well. You can tell when you have enough on the chain because you can hear its stickyness as you rotate the chain. It cleans off really well when washing the bike but keeps the chain and sprockets in good shape while riding.

We have been using garage door lube( Home Depot $4.44) for a couple years. Half the price and works fine. Cleans up nice also

tri-flo is expensive. maxima is good but everyone over uses it. thats why it flys everywhere. only do 1 coat. i see people at the track lube the whole chain like 4 times around and complain it flys off.

For non O ring type chain I always use Motul Off Road. Does not leave crap all over the fender. It is green too so it matches the bike, lol. On my bikes with O ring chains I don't use chain lube. I clean the chain and WD-40 after washing.