Did my bike just blow up?

I was riding today for about an hour i was just about to finish my ride when i came around this corner in second gear and i noticed a power loss. didnt think much of it and kept going. as i approached this other corner i let off the gas and the bike almost stalled out on me. i got into the straight away after that corner and i didnt hammer on the throttle or anything (i was just cruising) and my bike started to backfire... not a lot but just 3 or 4 little backfires (it has never ever backfired before). i rode it right back to my house shut it off and now it wont start... the oil only has 2 hours on it, the top end only has 20 hours on it.... im not a hard rider at all. i only ride trails basically. i didnt hear any loud bangs and there was no weird noises coming from the engine other then the backfires. it was almost as if it wasnt getting enough gas. i check the gas line and nothing was wrong with it and there was a half a tank left in the bike.... PLEASE HELP ME!!!

BTW is an 07 Suzuki RMZ 250

Edited by trophyhunter147

i would now like to add that i let my bike sit for a few days and i just went out to try and start it again. it started right up when the choke was on and as soon as i turned the choke off it died.....

That definitely sounds like an Air/Fuel mixture issue. Did you pull the carb as others suggested and check the jets?

That definitely sounds like an Air/Fuel mixture issue. Did you pull the carb as others suggested and check the jets?

no not yet. im wating for the spark plug i ordered to arrive. im just gonna try changing the spark plug and go from there. if it still has the same problem then i pull off the carb and attempt to figure it out lol

^also points to clogged pilot

hmm sounds expensive. i have no experience working on carbs...

no not yet. im wating for the spark plug i ordered to arrive. im just gonna try changing the spark plug and go from there. if it still has the same problem then i pull off the carb and attempt to figure it out lol hmm sounds expensive. i have no experience working on carbs...

yes, very very expensive (and difficult). I know a guy tho, so i'll buy your bike for $300. Deal?