AZ winter riding ?

Hey Finance USA, I live out here in Phoenix. I have been all around Arizona riding, and I would highly recommend a Flagstaff/Cinder Hills camping trip. lots of hills, great views, all types of riding out there from mountain to mountain. Look at a video I posted on youtube, and posted it under a forum under TT, theres great footage.

Hey Finance USA, I live out here in Phoenix. I have been all around Arizona riding, and I would highly recommend a Flagstaff/Cinder Hills camping trip. lots of hills, great views, all types of riding out there from mountain to mountain. Look at a video I posted on youtube, and posted it under a forum under TT, theres great footage.

I am a tech nerd! How do I find the video ?

Russ

where else is there to ride in flag. i have been really wanting to go up there to ride but i am not sure where to go. i kinda dont want to go the the cinders cause it looks like alot of people go there and i am a novice rider. also what will i need to change on my yz to ride in the different altitude. i mainly ride now in the the valley and the bike is set up for down here.

where else is there to ride in flag. i have been really wanting to go up there to ride but i am not sure where to go. i kinda dont want to go the the cinders cause it looks like alot of people go there and i am a novice rider. also what will i need to change on my yz to ride in the different altitude. i mainly ride now in the the valley and the bike is set up for down here.

Blaze, Cinder Hills is miles and miles of area, and all types of surfaces from loose "cinders" (like really really small crushed up rock) to hill climbs, red clay, hard packed dirt trails through wooded area, wide open land, cow pastures, i remember riding right next to a few cows on a trail. It is a great place to ride, and we went on a holiday weekend and it still wasn't jam packed. You'll love it.

About the elevation, what bike do you have? you will need to re-jet, because theres less air up at Flags 7000-8000ft so you'll need to get new jets. It's a quick swap, about 20 minutes; close to an hour if you've never done it. Go to your local motorcycle shop and ask them which size jets to get. If you live in Phoenix as well, I work at First Kick Motorsports, come in and we'll have some jets.

i have a 2006 yz 125 . i live out by speed world and have only rode the bike down in the valley area. i have torn the carb apart once to clean it so i think i would be able to change the jets no problem .. i just was not sure what all i needed to change. the cinders sounds like alot of fun, and i have been dying to get out of the valley to ride, i just wasn't sure that the cinders was novice friendly. where is your shop at and would you guys have the jets i need for my bike?? also am i going to need a paddle tire to ride up there?? hey by the way love your video looks like a blast

Edited by yzyamablaze230

i have a 2006 yz 125 . i live out by speed world and have only rode the bike down in the valley area. i have torn the carb apart once to clean it so i think i would be able to change the jets no problem .. i just was not sure what all i needed to change. the cinders sounds like alot of fun, and i have been dying to get out of the valley to ride, i just wasn't sure that the cinders was novice friendly. where is your shop at and would you guys have the jets i need for my bike?? also am i going to need a paddle tire to ride up there?? hey by the way love your video looks like a blast

yes we have the correct jets for you. what size is your rear tire?

He's heading to AZ in the winter. Flagstaff is not a winter dirt bike destination.

To the OP....check out http://www.arizonatr...gi/yabb/YaBB.pl for places to ride and people to ride with. I would recommend the Mile Markers (Boulders OHV) , Sycamore Creek, and Wildcat if you like singletrack. If you don't like singletrack, you'll have to visit the kwad websites or Ride AZ to find out where to go.

Edited by Cactus73

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey yzyamablaze230, if your looking to ride in az in the winter you should come up to lake havasu city, we have beautiful weather here in the winter months. My buddies and I ride a lot of single and 2 track. We also do some 100 + miles rides. 7 of us just rode from lake havasu to williams az Saturday 9/15, it ended up being over 300miles round trip, it was a blast.