Brand new te511 stalls out.

Hey everyone,

I have just gotten a brand new husky TE511. I haven't even put the power up jack in yet and I love it. But unfortunately, whenever I down shift or just let go of the throttle it usually stalls. It even stalls when I'm engine braking down hills.

I heard about the battery disconnect trick but it hasn't changed anything and still stalls out. Some other people said twisting the throttle wide open with the key on or off or something like that. The only problem is that mine doesn't have a key.

Does anybody know how to stop this thing from stalling?

I would start with plugging the power up chip in. Unfortunately that probably won't be a cure all solution but that needs to be plugged in to change it

to "Race map 2". As the motor gets broken in, things will get better. I had the same problem on my 11' TE511 and the solutions that I know about are

TPS reset (which you've done) plugging in the jumper, adjusting the idle screw (that big gold flathead screw on the left side of the motor kind of above and

to the right of the EFI. I don't know what to tell ya about the keyless ignition. That is a bummer. Not sure what the logic was in that idea.

Aside from all that, I would strongly recommend investing in an Aftermarket muffler (if yours didn't come with the Akro from factory) and also a JD FI Tuner.

Those two things will totally change your bike powerwise from a mild mannered stalling, frustrating P.O..... to a powerful, bad-assed but still possibly stalling

occasionally but very lovable bike. Good luck. Once dialed in, it's fun as hell.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, if you haven't already found it check out Cafehusky.com. Like this forum is, it's another great resource for

info and insight from fellow owners about your bike.

Edited by JoePass
  • Like 1

I would start with plugging the power up chip in. Unfortunately that probably won't be a cure all solution but that needs to be plugged in to change it

to "Race map 2". As the motor gets broken in, things will get better. I had the same problem on my 11' TE511 and the solutions that I know about are

TPS reset (which you've done) plugging in the jumper, adjusting the idle screw (that big gold flathead screw on the left side of the motor kind of above and

to the right of the EFI. I don't know what to tell ya about the keyless ignition. That is a bummer. Not sure what the logic was in that idea.

Aside from all that, I would strongly recommend investing in an Aftermarket muffler (if yours didn't come with the Akro from factory) and also a JD FI Tuner.

Those two things will totally change your bike powerwise from a mild mannered stalling, frustrating P.O..... to a powerful, bad-assed but still possibly stalling

occasionally but very lovable bike. Good luck. Once dialed in, it's fun as hell.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, if you haven't already found it check out Cafehusky.com. Like this forum is, it's another great resource for

info and insight from fellow owners about your bike.

Hey I just saw your post on cafe husky too! I did what you said and plugged in the power up chip. It definitely made a difference. still stalls though. Not as bad, but still does it. I also want to try that jd tuner and a pro circuit exhaust. But before i drop any more money on it, I'm going to bring it back to the dealer. It really isn't that big of a problem but if you really think about it, they sold me a bike that isn't safe to ride on the road. Everytime i come to a stop sign or red light, it stalls. For the money i just spent, they should be able to do something about it.

Anyhow I really appreciate your help on both tt and cafe husky!

I don't know what to tell ya about the keyless ignition. That is a bummer. Not sure what the logic was in that idea.

Husqvarna removed the key ignition switches from its 2012 TE line due to a communication signal error in the computer, odometer, and ignition loop. 2011 ignitions can be added without the error if needed. Just fyi.

• 2 weeks later...