2011 seat is like sitting on subframe! any fixes for this?

Ok so im new to KTM, a few weeks ago i picked up a 2011 150sx. Love this bike for the most part... but the few times a moto when sitting down on the seat in the rough stuff i feel the metal in the subframe smash into my butt and it does not feel good on my lower back. I do stant up most of the time but it that few times a lap when seat hopping a rutted jump face or exiting a rough turn. any one else experence this?

I have found that the new KTM seats are to soft as well. If you sit on them for any length of time you crush them right to the seat base. I miss the old hard seats that KTM had back in the 80's. They were much more comfortable than the new "soft" seats that they come with now. I get the KTM 'low' seats for my bikes. They seem to be a bit more firm and are much more comfortable!

Edited by Larry63r

You would think that the GENIUSES at KTM would have fixed the seat ordeal by now ??? What has it been, something like 10 years of people complaining?

I guess they are waiting for MXA to tell them? :bonk: Fixed the gas cap that did not need fixing, so why not the seat that does.

Might have something to do with KTM selling aftermarket seats ... mmmmm,,

No, It is because half the riders complain that the seats are to soft and half of them complain that the seats are to hard. The loyal KTM riders that have been riding these bikes since they were Pentons like the hard seats. The new to the brand riders want soft seats. You just can't please everyone. I still think the best seat ever was on my 1982 495. That seat was like plywood. You could ride on it all day and never crush it to the seat base. The second best seat was on my old 1975 Penton 250. It was nice and hard but not as hard as the 495 seat.

You would think that the GENIUSES at KTM would have fixed the seat ordeal by now ??? What has it been, something like 10 years of people complaining?

Maybe it's only fat people complaining.??

I dunno, but my wife and i have never had a problem with my ktm seats, and we ride 250-500 hrs each year. She even uses the shorter one with less foam.

If you want a different seat or a different handlebar bend, or different tires, go buy them.

• Like 1

Never realized there were so many people who like KTM seats.

I cannot tell you how many posts I have read where people hate them, not to mention almost every mag article as well. I have ridden the stock seat, and am no fan.

Power parts wave seat on my bike. No complaints on that one, other than the price ?

Having said that, I also hate the preload adjustor, maybe some think it's great too ??? On the other hand, I find nothing wrong with the gas cap.

Different strokes for different Vokes I guess ?

Edited by supervokes

My stock KTM seat was the worst ever--I had monkey butt so bad after a couple of harescrambles I thought I might have to visit the ER! Seriously though, my first fix was the EE soft seat, and it was like magic. It instantly cured the discomfort problem, but I still had two complaints:

1. the quality was not up to OEM standards--it simply did not match up to the bike's plastics as well as the stocker.

2. it is just as tall, if not taller, than the stocker (I'm 5'9")

After some knee injuries that finally forced me to have the suspension lowered, I bought the new KTM power parts "low" seat in the spring. I expected another brick, but surprisingly I like that seat even better than the EE soft.

Never realized there were so many people who like KTM seats.

I cannot tell you how many posts I have read where people hate them, not to mention almost every mag article as well.

Magazine writers are all pansies. Known fact.

A narrow firm seat makes it easy for a fit rider to move his/her weight around in cornering or technical terrain. It might not be as comfortable as a couch for sitting and sitting and sitting on a boring dualsport ride.

I'm not sure if they changed anything on the seats lately but I could feel the subframe on my buddy's '12 and now there's nothing noticeable on my '13. I wouldn't say it was very uncomfortable but just a bit annoying as in "what the heck, where'd the seat go?!". I doubt you can actually feel the subframe, it's probably more the shape of the seat base, or it would have to be pretty flimsy.

The Acerbis seat changed my entire perspective on what a seat should be like. Holy crap, that seat is awesome. Its firm and its consistent, which is what you need. The thing I really love about the seat is how its one piece of rubber. There is no seat cover to tear and rip off, you can drop on it, step on it, run it over and it won't do anything to it. Plus, it has a slight hump in it, which is unnoticeable until you sit for a corner and it forces your butt to be in the right place.

I've had the DSG seat's and the KTM powerparts seat, neither one was of any quality compared to the Acerbis X seat.

5 star product, 100% worth the purchase for any KTM owner. It doesn't work well on Japanese bikes, the base is too soft so it bends.

the x seat is a rubber seat? i saw the info and it said it was a plastic seat and i was instantly turned off from it. i dont need a softseat, but i dont want a brick either. the '13 seat feels good to me, definitely softer but not in a bad way, but then again, its new.

the x seat is a rubber seat? i saw the info and it said it was a plastic seat and i was instantly turned off from it. i dont need a softseat, but i dont want a brick either. the '13 seat feels good to me, definitely softer but not in a bad way, but then again, its new.

Its a single mould rubber seat, which is extremely pliable. You can push on it and it will move slightly, but its firm with riding. Honestly, the only thing I can say about it is, its perfect. Everyone who owns one, and the magazine reviewers, all feel the same way. Plus, its indestructible, I was wearing out seat covers from pinching the bike so much and you literally can't wear out this seat! Its not a seat, its a piece of rubber you sit on! LOL ?