Stock suspension on KLX 110 bottoms really easy?

Hey all,

I rode a KLX 110 for the first time today. Nice little bike! It was a 2007 for sale.

Question - I'm not sure if there was something wrong with the rear suspension (stock.) I weigh 140#. I could bottom the rear suspension just by sitting on the seat and pumping my weight up and down. It wouldn't bottom when I just sat there still, but I could easily bottom it pushing up and down with my butt on the seat. Is that correct? Or was there something wrong?

I didn't buy the bike for a couple reasons, but I would like to get one. So please let me know if this is normal.

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I rode a KLX 110 for the first time today. Nice little bike! It was a 2007 for sale.

Question - I'm not sure if there was something wrong with the rear suspension (stock.) I weigh 140#. I could bottom the rear suspension just by sitting on the seat and pumping my weight up and down. It wouldn't bottom when I just sat there still, but I could easily bottom it pushing up and down with my butt on the seat. Is that correct? Or was there something wrong?

I didn't buy the bike for a couple reasons, but I would like to get one. So please let me know if this is normal.

my ttr90s shock absorber went out and i can bounce up and down on it and it bottoms out so the klx could have a bad shock absorber. it shouldnt go down that easy on my freinds klxs im 160 i sit on it bounce up and down on it and it wont bottom out and he has the stock suspension so im guessing the shock absorber is shot Edited by suzukirider103

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The bike was designed for an 8 year old riding around in 2nd gear on a driveway. They bottom out like crazy. That said, they are awesome bikes in stock trim with a set of big boy bars.

My sons new 2011 KLX 110 is hard as a rock! When I bounce the seat it goes almost no where. The forks are a little stiff as well, I assume they all need a little breaking in....at least the rear, it doesn't budge with my 50 lb son on it.

Hey all,

I weigh 160 and like I said the rear is stiff for me?

• 1 month later...

Any replica pit bike or crf50 shock will fit. We replaced with a 10.5" pit bike shock that has adjustable preload and rebound and it is the shit !

My buddy is 315 and can ride it all day without bottoming it out.

The shocks run about $60 off of eBay.

I even think you could fit an 11" shock and then keep the preload down for a soft Cush ride.