Has anyone ridden or modded the 2013 350 SX-F yet?

Rode the 350 at a Demo day in Winchester NH last month and in comparison to the 450, I would take the 450 hands down. Maybe being used to 450's, I found the 350 to be a bit underpowered and I had to work harder to make it go faster. The 2013 450 was an easier bike to ride and I like having the extra power when you need it.

My '11 with 2012 mapping, 3 map switch and a full Yosh system has plenty of jam, don't know if I would want a 350 with 55hp...already hard enough to get traction on my bike the way it winds up so quickly. Add 2 teeth in the rear and it's almost too wild.

I have an '11. What is the easiest way to get the 2012 mapping? Call the dealer? Will they know what they are doing?

hahha glad I'm not the only one who has a basic understanding of physics

Exactly, very basic.

Power = RPM*Torque, so even if the engine has less torque after 5000 rpm, it still has more power only. So it's ability to create hp against an increasing load (incline) is reduced, when hp is peaking way after the torque curve.

The amount of power a motor develops is NOT RELATED to flywheel weight. Heavy flywheels do NOT “make more torque”, this is completely fictional. They relocate the torque in the RPM range. The power is merely stored by the flywheels, and they only have what is diverted from the primary drive.

Edited by Krannie

i just picked up my 2013 350sxf yesterday..added the aggressive mapping and an FMF slip on and the thing snaps and barks like angry pitty...almost on par with my cuzins 450sxf tho there's not a hit like the 450sxf...

Can you describe what you did for add aggressive mapping? Mapswitch, or KTM user setting tools?

• 1 month later...

i changed out my FMF slip on for a full Yoshimura Carbon Fiber System RS-4 Comp Series......major difference! alot more responsive..pulling higher gears and much louder note which is great to listen to..heaps of hit and snap with my wild mapping and yoshi combined plus i installed a bigger air filter helps a bit. ..rubber mount for the bar with a scotts dampener makes it super duper smooth..some pivot pegs plus custom alloy levers -break-clutch-gear-front break .also got a timing chain adjuster from dirtdtricks as the stock one didnt have much adjustment. but yea all the other parts i ordered where from SLAVENS RACING.

Edited by RIDEKTMorDIE

Uh say what? You said adding a flywheel weight increased torque, I said it did not, just as your quote says, glad you figured it out

Heavier FW doesn´t add any power nor torque - quite the opposite if anything. It does smooth/slower things up and makes a bike less prone to stalling. Many people do think that a heavy FW gives more bottom end power/torque but that´s - as you know - wrong. A heavier wheel takes more power to get up to speed (than a light one) but it also takes more load/effort to stop it from rotating, if this comparison makes any sense to anybody ...

Edited by VilleKTM

Torque = Mean Effective Pressure x Piston Area x stroke. Crank mass and/or flywheel weight has nothing to do with it.

Mean effective pressure is a function of volumetric efficiency, or how well does the cylinder fill with air/fuel mixture, at a given rpm.

we have a sxf 350 2013 now , afther riding 5 years sxf 250 . (2011 with a carb on it ) . what abouth the wood screws . firs you think what the hell is this but afther 5 years ktm and see a lot of people with other brand bike asking how to get the screws out of the fueltank bushings you love the screws. the only thing i dondt like on the 350 is the very thin clutch plate.s . its nice on a street bike but fregiale on a dirt bike . when the basket was deeper(or fingers where longer ) you good install the hub and the plate,s from a kxf 250 in it .

Edited by speedboot

we have a sxf 350 2013 now , afther riding 5 years sxf 250 . (2011 with a carb on it ) . what abouth the wood screws . firs you think what the hell is this but afther 5 years ktm and see a lot of people with other brand bike asking how to get the screws out of the fueltank bushings you love the screws. the only thing i dondt like on the 350 is the very thin clutch plate.s . its nice on a street bike but fregiale on a dirt bike . when the basket was deeper(or fingers where longer ) you good install the hub and the plate,s from a kxf 250 in it .

Que ?? How´s the weather in Holland? I have two friends on the way down there as we speak..