JCR - THR - KTM: Who will ride off with the 1x plate?

As November quickly approaches, the 3 teams are beginning to focus on what will become a race of all races. What will be the winning strategy? Will the new IRC "live" trackers be in working order for the world to watch as the 3 teams chase each other's dust?

In the end, the winner will proudly display the 1x plate. Who will it be and why?

Edited by durtlurker

JCR's experience edge is not as big as it use to be.

-(THR) - Robby Bell & Steve H. have TONsof JCR knowlege/experience.

-(KTM) - Purchased some good JCR knowledge by signing Quinn Cody. KTM's pit support has be been questionable at times but with this being a real factory effort I would hope they don't have any issues.

-JCR) - Still has Colton U. and Tim W. and JC himself plus a huge edge on support experience - which may prove to be the key.

It appears that the course will be every similar to the 2010 course so I think JCR will have an slight edge in terms of familiarization but it will come to down to mistakes and maybe pit strategy. I am a huge fan of KTM and would love to see them pull it off, but I think if all three teams run a mistake free race the edge goes to JCR (but just barely).

I'm propably too close to this to comment and of course would for sure be called a homer......

I'd just like to say be smart to all the boys and enjoy the beauty of Baja. I'll be riding the Baja a ton September - November and look forward to taking in the sights.

The big questions are:

who has the night guy?

where does Kendall end up?

What if somehow Kendall got on the KTM Team to ride the night. That sure would make the KTM guys more competitive.

THR has the assets and can win

JCR has a lot on the line.

My buddy spotted KN at the Desert Inn at Catavina this week and chatted with him over dinner. He said KN was returning from some time in southern Baja and had a bike in the back of his raptor under a tarp. If my surfer buddy heard correctly, KN will be riding an orange bike at the 1k.... But this is all second hand after a few beers. Just stirring the pot

Caselli, Ramirez, Brown, Cody, Coma, KN... how will it all play out? Only Chilly and time will tell. ?

• Like 1

I really don't think that Kendall was running around Baja with an orange bike in the back of the Raptor. Someone would have to move mountains to get him on the KTM Baja squad. But who knows, Pit Bier is in town for the last moto, he would have to give it the green light. It sure would be great for both sides.

Did anyone else catch the blurb on KTMtalk that Quinn is not going to the Australasian rally due to a shoulder injury? I am not sure if the injury part is true. The source was from down under, so I think the part about him being out of the rally is probably correct.

I personally would love to see KTM win, but if everyone can stay on two wheels, and the equipment can STAY TOGETHER,

it'll be a battle to the end. I only wish I could be there to see it all unfold................ I think its' anybody's call...These teams have mucho talent!

Edited by vetracer1

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Destry just committed to the THR team for the 1000. I think this gives them the upper hand now.

From what I heard Kawasaki have had problems with their lights at the last 2 1000's. If they can get those issues worked out I can see them pulling it off. All three of the big teams have there stong and weak points. I think this race is going to come down to who manages the problems that arise the best, or the team that has a perfect run.

Also Class 21 is looking to have a pretty serious 3 way battle between Oneal, Pancho and Prieto. It sounds like Prieto and Yorba may be getting some help from KTM. I predict Oneal's team taking the class win and placing very well overall.

Edited by karmataburn

I saw the raptor and talked to him in Ensenada on his way down. I wondered what was under that could have easily been a bike.

If KN gets on KTM for this one w Ramirez & Caselli, its a game changer indeed.

We should hope for this.

My buddy spotted KN at the Desert Inn at Catavina this week and chatted with him over dinner. He said KN was returning from some time in southern Baja and had a bike in the back of his raptor under a tarp. If my surfer buddy heard correctly, KN will be riding an orange bike at the 1k.... But this is all second hand after a few beers. Just stirring the pot

Caselli, Ramirez, Brown, Cody, Coma, KN... how will it all play out? Only Chilly and time will tell. ?

I saw the raptor and talked to him in Ensenada on his way down. I wondered what was under that could have easily been a bike.

If KN gets on KTM for this one w Ramirez & Caselli, its a game changer indeed.

We should hope for this.

Verboffroad reports Kawasaki's off road program is no longer going to be factory funded... If true, how does this affect the 1000?

Verboffroad reports Kawasaki's off road program is no longer going to be factory funded... If true, how does this affect the 1000?

My valued sources tell me this could bode well for Robby Bell and THR. The theory is that Kawi may be able to throw selective support to campaigns like this major one for 1x. Team Green per se wasn't doing much for THR and Robby to begin with.

But anyones guess is as good as my source's (LOL)

As we get closer to the 1000, with SX and WORCS done, I bet Kawi will step up with whatever is needed to make this a game changer. With Destry joining in and 1x on the line (closer than ever) I see more support available than ever. You know KTM is doing whatever will be needed to make this a race. You know Johnny sure isn't standing around just praying to Jesus that thy will be done. This is gonna be a race!

• Like 1