Dual Sport conversions 500 exc vs 500 xc-w

I found the old thread from last fall but wanted to hear the results of 2012 owners and how new 2013 models are stacking up...

Pics, pics, pics.......and any thoughts, experiences and information needed.....

I'm "middle aged", 6'3", 230 lb, not a racer and thinking of moving from my 690 Rallye to a lighter bike. I find too much crossover with the 990Adv that shares shed space with the 690 but I want to be able to carry some day trippin/overnight gear for those occasions and lighten up for the dirty days. Street legal is necessary but VIN doesn't have to be...so discuss your conversions please.....

Grazie

Edited by Infidel

I found the old thread from last fall but wanted to hear the results of 2012 owners and how new 2013 models are stacking up...

Pics, pics, pics.......and any thoughts, experiences and information needed.....

I'm "middle aged", 6'3", 230 lb, not a racer and thinking of moving from my 690 Rallye to a lighter bike. I find too much crossover with the 990Adv that shares shed space with the 690 but I want to be able to carry some day trippin/overnight gear for those occasions and lighten up for the dirty days. Street legal is necessary but VIN doesn't have to be...so discuss your conversions please.....

Grazie

Some good info on the 500 XC-W at following thread

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773406

Details fitting brake light and high beam switching, etc.....

Some good info on the 500 XC-W at following thread

http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=773406

Details fitting brake light and high beam switching, etc.....

Thanks, I've read Adv threads and rode a while with Geek at last years KTM rally in Moab. He's a few levels above where I ride. I'm hoping to find some folks here who might not post Adv.