Sign in to follow this  

need help with sizing

Okay for what? What kind of riding experience do you have? What have you ridden in the past? What kind of riding do you plan on doing? How old are you? In general, that bike will be pretty tall for you. Things can be done to make the seat a bit lower, but experience and ability are the other half of the equation on what bike may or may not be okay for you.

Answer all of my questions, and then we can better help you. I don't care if you are experienced in mechanics, although that is a good area to have some experience.

mostly for racing, ive ridden my friends dirtbike in the past i know how to shift. it was a honda crf150. i really plan on racing and trail riding

The 150r is a pretty powerful mx bike, the 150f is a play bike. He was asking which you have.

Sorry, pal. A 250f or 125 2t is too much. You see, a 125 and 250f have the same seat height. Go for a CRT150r, kx/rm100, or an 85 2t, but only if you find a REALLY GOOD deal. A 150r or KX100 is your best bet.

Sorry, pal. A 250f or 125 2t is too much. You see, a 125 and 250f have the same seat height. Go for a CRT150r, kx/rm100, or an 85 2t, but only if you find a REALLY GOOD deal. A 150r or KX100 is your best bet.

Agreed. But actually he asked about a 250 2t I believe, which is even more too much. The best choice at 5'1" would be a kx100 or a crf150r as stated.

i had a kx 100 when i was your age also. Only problem with getting that to race, is that most racing organizations dont have a class that it fits in. So you would have to ride in an open novice or beginner class, against 125's 250(2&4-stroke) and 450's. So if you really want to race, go with an 85. The 150 is nice and all, ive had the chance to mess around on one. But if you want to become a fast rider, you need to learn how to make the engine work and use all the power a bike has to offer, Every fast motocross racer has raced a 2-stroke at some point. the 150r is not what you want to look at because 4-strokes allow alot more mistakes, while the smaller 2-strokes like 125's, 85's, 65's etc. they teach you how to keep your momentum and stay in the powerband. I had a 250x, as my full bike, mainly motocross riding. Didnt get fast untill i stepped onto a 125 2-stroke. So i speak from personal experience bud. Stay as far away from a 250 2-stroke as you possibly can. that bike will be way to much for you, and you will not be able to race on it well at all.

Edited by crashreallyfast

Yeah go with a Kawasaki KX100 forsure. It would be perfect for you. You are still growing and a kx100 would be the perfect learning bike, I would say try to get a year under your belt riding the bike and getting it dialed in...then go out and race it when your 100% comfortable with your own machine.