Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust/back tire suggestions for an 06 crf250r

Hey guys! Just asking for some exhaust suggestions here, I have a full FMF set up on it right now (4.1 with a powerbomb header) and I don't really like how the powerband was changed by the pipe, I want more top end. Thinking about going to the stock exhaust. I'm also looking into a new back tire for the bike. Definitely want a Dunlop, either an MX51 or an MX71. Any suggestions would be great on this, thanks.

We found that the stock was the best set up for the bike. You can pick them up pretty cheap for new on eBay and that's way cheaper then aftermarket.

As for tires we tried 110/80/19 MX-51 and my son didn't like it. We run the 100/90/19 MX-51 and love it for the tracks in our area.

Is the stocker really better than aftermarket stuff? That's a bummer, was hoping to get some more out of my 04 with a 4.1 system.

It's a 2012, but this MXA article claims a 2hp gain at peak and more power everywhere with just the 4.1 - http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/622efaf9-d993-4a01-94a4-16bacbee4059.aspx

Take it with a grain of salt I guess, because magazines are there to sell stuff, but it seems really odd to me that the stock pipe is the best choice? Is your jetting correct with the 4.1?

Yes the jetting is correct, at least to fmf's standards. I took the jet specs off their website. I was thinking about going with a pro circuit ti-4r, either single or dual. That is weird that stock is the best set up for it though.