Sign in to follow this  

2007 CRF250

Glad you picked a Honda :D What I have heard is the 07 has a lot of valve problems, but I'm not sure if thats just what I've heard. If you purchased it from a dealer they should have replaced all the fluids, if you purchased it from a person REPLACE ALL THE FLUIDS NOW. You have no clue what the hell the person put in there, I would have the valves checked as well. Clean the carb, adjust the suspension when you get a chance to ride. And above all, enjoy!

We got ours brand new in 08. Bike has had no problems other then the valves tightening up. Took it to the dealer and got them adjusted, now it fires on one to two kicks like new. If I could find another brand new left over somewhere I would buy it for my middle son.

What Nash said.

Picked up an '07 about 1 1/2 years ago.Only had to replace the fork seals and just replaced the valves a few months ago.Once they need adjusting its only a mater of time before they need replacing.I bought a new head from Big Bore Thumpers that already had the SS valves installed.Runs like a champ now!

My 07 had 150 hours before I sold it. A couple valves needed adjusted throughout that time but they did not need replaced.

Obviously some faustian pact with the devil where him and his valves live forever.

Edited by restukey

Obviously some faustian pact with the devil where him and his valves live forever.

^^This lol. 150 hours on 1 pair of valves? You must have a magical bike.

Is it really that uncommon for a bikes valves not to last that long? My 2012 with 55 hours has only had to have one valve slightly adjusted after break in. I just clean the air filter every ride and do both oils and filter every 5 hours.

Bought my CRF new in 07. rode her for about 30 hours and had to have the valves adjusted. @ 50 hours had them readjusted but they didnt last long after. So I bought a hew head with Kibblewhite valves and springs from AS Racing. I havent touched the head since. I now have almost 130 hours of actual riding time.I ride trails mostly but havent noticed any difference in response or power. I would have had the head replaced as soon as I got the bike had I known the stock one was going to be so short lived. I clean the air filter after every ride and the oil every 4 to 6 hours. The stock valves are fine if you are racing and replacing them every 2 to 3 races but for trail riding and the like go with the endurance of the ss valves. IMHO... Hope this helps........................Oldskoo11