Roger DECOSTER

Everyone that i know has had (few people) a rmz have experienced very hard shifting and one break in the gearing in the bottom end. Not exactly sure which gears broke though. An personally, every suzuki ive seen looks cheap and worn out after few hours, kinda like kawasakis...which in my opinion are one season bikes.

Everyone that i know has had (few people) a rmz have experienced very hard shifting and one break in the gearing in the bottom end. Not exactly sure which gears broke though. An personally, every suzuki ive seen looks cheap and worn out after few hours, kinda like kawasakis...which in my opinion are one season bikes.

Exactly. But until a good change to a newer bike is made, and you plan on buying it, you should keep your bike nice.

Ive got a 09 motor and they dont shift well at all, hasnt jumped out of gear, but its tough to shift for sure. Remember when Suzuki's shifted like butter? What the hell did they change. I know the trans has to be beefier for the hp/weight, but the top of my foot actually gets sore.

i personally would never buy a suzuki, crap bikes IMO, they never seem to last and as a few of you pointed out, have tranny issues. Bottom line though, bike sales are down and the big 4 are going to be affected by it either way, aswell as KTM

Why do you say they are crap? The tranny issues are fixed, I think they are the best looking bikes out right now, with KTM right behind, they have strong motors, and have awesome handling. I also think the RMZ450 is the best sounding 450. It actually has a sharp note to it unlike the others. My Suzuki has lasted pretty well. It still has original parts in good condition, and doesn't look worn out at all stored outdoors.

Why do you say they are crap? The tranny issues are fixed, I think they are the best looking bikes out right now, with KTM right behind, they have strong motors, and have awesome handling. I also think the RMZ450 is the best sounding 450. It actually has a sharp note to it unlike the others. My Suzuki has lasted pretty well. It still has original parts in good condition, and doesn't look worn out at all stored outdoors.

ive got loads of friends that have Suzuki's, 450's 250's etc, and they've all had problems with them of some sort, mostly trannys

ive got loads of friends that have Suzuki's, 450's 250's etc, and they've all had problems with them of some sort, mostly trannys

All bikes have problems. We all know the the RMZ's tranny was bad, and we know that it has been fixed for 2013. But I haven't heard of any other recurring issues on the RMZ.

Honda, yamaha, and ktm are top notch quality. Thats all ill ever buy. I know tons of people who have bought new kawis and they look shabby after 10 hours, back rim is all knicked and chipped, plastics are brittle thin andcheap, triple clamps chip. I hate their stupid cheap powdercoating if u even call it that.

I have to agree on the Kawi. I don't see AS many Suzukis that look worn out, but there are definitely more than the 3 you mentioned. I don't really like powdercoated stuff on stock bikes. Let it shine.

How often do you see a Suzuki car? How bout a Suzuki dirtbike, quad, ect? If you don't sell stuff it's hard to staff a race team with high paid personnel. Doesn't KTM sell more 2strokes in the US than every other dirtbike maker's entire lineups put together? Big $$$$ versus little $.

Ha! That's funny.

Honda sells 6 MILLION motorcycles a year! Most of them go to Asia.

Suzuki sells about 1.5 Million.

KTM sells 85,000 motorcycles a year.

About 25,000 performance two strokes are sold in the world each year.

Gas Gas sells less than 3,000 a year.

TWO STROKES ARE DEAD

Ha! That's funny.

Honda sells 6 MILLION motorcycles a year! Most of them go to Asia.

Suzuki sells about 1.5 Million.

KTM sells 85,000 motorcycles a year.

About 25,000 performance two strokes are sold in the world each year.

Gas Gas sells less than 3,000 a year.

TWO STROKES ARE DEAD

Two strokes are only "dead" now because companies only produce the four strokes to make money. Look at how many people now that say they just rode a two stroke again, and immediately want to buy one. The problem is, KTM is sold out already, Yamaha's bikes are outdated, and people don't trust the smaller companies like GasGas. Add up how many two strokes are sold on craigslist each year, then we will see.

TWO STROKES ARE DEAD

Four strokes were dead at one time too.

Fads come and go, and marketing departments need "new" technology to spin. Just like the latest twin mufflers and air forks, nothing is ever truely dead.

• Like 1