MXDN nobodys talking about it. so can we beat Herlings in the sand?

so MXDN is coming up soon and im just wondering can we beat herlings in the deep sand.. i would like to think we can but there is a lot of talk about how hes the guy to beat over there.. i no every year they say that we cant beat a certain guy and we end up smoking him so is this the same case?

Yeah it seems the Europeans find something to desperately hold on to every year. And it almost never works out for them. The only way team USA will be de-throned is if some bad luck like a dnf happens.

At first I was going for Herlings, like yeah I bet he's a better sand rider than Americans realize. But now I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't win his motos. Didn't seem to matter what the track was, Roczen (who outclassed herlings) just didn't have that Emig "intensity" The other 3 had.

USA is just too big of a country and too many good riders to choose from.

Yeah it seems the Europeans find something to desperately hold on to every year. And it almost never works out for them. The only way team USA will be de-throned is if some bad luck like a dnf happens.

At first I was going for Herlings, like yeah I bet he's a better sand rider than Americans realize. But now I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't win his motos. Didn't seem to matter what the track was, Roczen (who outclassed herlings) just didn't have that Emig "intensity" The other 3 had.

USA is just too big of a country and too many good riders to choose from.

I agree, all year they talked about Roczen the "world champion" and as we saw, there were plenty of AMA riders that evidently could be the "world champion" too and Roczen had nothing for them.

I agree, all year they talked about Roczen the "world champion" and as we saw, there were plenty of AMA riders that evidently could be the "world champion" too and Roczen had nothing for them.

Come on! Roczen had nothing for them?? The kid just turned 18 this year while being on the US circuit for the first time. Most of the tracks he raced was totally new to him and he held his own pretty damn well imo. He was a front runner right out of the gate this year and I'll bet we'll see some over-all wins from him next season.

• Like 3

Come on! Roczen had nothing for them?? The kid just turned 18 this year while being on the US circuit for the first time. Most of the tracks he raced was totally new to him and he held his own pretty damn well imo. He was a front runner right out of the gate this year and I'll bet we'll see some over-all wins from him next season.

i would agree ken was good in sx last year too. he will be a contender for sure.

Yes, he had a few moments of brilliance (but was only in the frontrunner = 1st place a few times momentarily), and is definitely going to get better, but I was making the point that as the "world Champion" he should have smoked everyone as often as we here about his "status". When I say he had nothing for them, I mean it , as how many wins did he get ? Also his age is also very similar to those in his class , I also do like KR ,But BB, ET and Company should also be crowned "World Champions"?

Edited by ncc
  • Like 2

lol that did nothing to disprove my point. He's one of my favorites, but a moto win at Unadilla. He did good, great! That's not my point, my point is it was widely believed he would dominate. Baggett, Tomac and Barcia consistently out-performed him.

• Like 2

Yes, he had a few moments of brilliance (but was only in the frontrunner = 1st place a few times momentarily), and is definitely going to get better, but I was making the point that as the "world Champion" he should have smoked everyone as often as we here about his "status". When I say he had nothing for them, I mean it , as how many wins did he get ? Also his age is also very similar to those in his class , I also do like KR ,But BB, ET and Company should also be crowned "World Champions"?

That World Champion crown is nothing compared to winning an AMA MX or SX #1 plate.

• Like 5

If the U.S. was to get "de-throned", this would be the track to do it. We have nothing like this, not even Southwick which is our only sand track on the National tour.

However, we don't need to win all the moto's, just have the fewest points at end of the day. This year more than any, the U.S. needs to just be consistant.

DeCoster probably has the boys down training on the damn beach! :ride:

As George W. Bush once said, "were gonna win this thing by using....strategery" LOL!🤣

• Like 1

Yeah, though no doubt they sing a different tune over there.

"world champion" does sound nice though

Still means a lot IMO. Just not as coveted as it use to be over here in the States. There was a time when the Americans wanted to be World Champions more than National or Supercross champ. Of course, that was decades ago.

• Like 2

Anything can happen and I can't say Herlings is as fast as a few of our top guys in all terrain. But on a sand track he'd be my bet. Seriously, this is just sick......

I have to say, he is hauling the mail.... but i also believe our guys can handle it. Our guys always have the heart and desire to find a way to win

Still means a lot IMO. Just not as coveted as it use to be over here in the States. There was a time when the Americans wanted to be World Champions more than National or Supercross champ. Of course, that was decades ago.

I can't remember where it was but I was watching an interview with Decoster where he talked about and got emotional when discussing how he first led the US team to the MX of nations victory in Belgium which is where he was from. I think if anything he wants to win this race as much as he ever has.