How to get started in motocross?

all gear/equipment. Good stuff too, you wear cheap boots and you may find yourself with a broken foot. Make sure your comfortable on the track your going to race, dont show up race day with no experience, you will get hurt. Lots of water, cut out the junk food eat healthy. Most importantly just have fun out there. As for the bike as long as its running i dont see a problem with it

Edited by Tony477g

Search online and find where there practice tracks around you. Go there a couple of times and meet some people who race or used to race. They can give you all the advice on how to get started locally. I think Tony was advising you to have all the protective gear, Helmet, Goggles, Gloves, Chest Protector, Pants and Good Boots. I personally Like Tech 3 boots by Alpinestar, they are around 179 bucks. Your bike will be ok if there is a beginner class for you to get your bearings for racing. A day at the track to learn the system before you actually race probably wouldn't be a bad idea. With 25 classes and a bunch of motos you could miss your race. Better yet hook up with the guys at the practice track and go with them. Good luck, have fun and hold your line.

I'd say, at your stage in the game, the best thing you could get is seat time on the track. I'm pretty new to the MX thing too, and found real quick that the track is a whole different world. Most tracks have Saturday or Sunday afternoon practice days on the off race weekends (great way for the track to make a $ on a regular basis). Check their schedules and take advantage of them.

As long as your YZ is in good mechanical condition, it will work just fine. As others have said, make sure you have good gear. A lot of really quality gear for mid range prices out there now, do some shopping around the clearance sections of RMATV, Cycle Gear, etc..

Above all.. Don't stress on it. Go ride and have a good time, everything else will fall into place in due time. ?

It'll be snow shoveling season soon. Leaf raking season is sooner. There's always mowing lawns but that'll be coming to an end soon in your region. I made some pretty decent money during the summer and winters here in PA doing things like that.

As far as a new top end check ebay for kits you can usually find some shop clearing out inventory or something like that and get a decent deal like this.

http://www.ebay.com/...b4429b6&vxp=mtr

Can you sleeve your cylinder or... If you can you can do something like this.

http://www.lasleeve....product_ID=8457

Can you talk your parent's into paying for half the rebuild maybe? And maybe part of your equipment since it'll be cheaper and more convenient to ride safe then riding in an ambulance to the hospital. If that doesn't work you could always find used gear on Craigslist in your area to keep the price low.

Edited by 79yamdt