Sign in to follow this  

for those of you wondering what the new style plastics

so my bike is a 2001 so in the pics these are the original style fork guards but i had switched out to the newer style that were more rounded but when i got this fender and plate i knew the old style would look better with the more angular bodywork here it is.

yz6.jpg

yz5.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Very good looking bike.Nice upgrade's.I actually like the sideplate's on that model more than the newer style.Good job.

• Like 1

well unfortunately it is forsale but i had always wondered how they would look so i bought them so the next owner can enjoy it!

• Like 1

You certainly wont have any trouble selling that one.....Keep it for a back up. :thumbsup:

so it is the ufo? im indecisive of just going to chaparral and buying a 250f fender and drilling it or buying a ufo online

Yup, its a ufo fender. It is still a 250f fender though. They also make them pre drilled to mount directly to the Yz so you need to do nothing but install.

• Like 1

cycra makes the fender and number plate i used.

It is the number plate front fender combo that does it for me. I'm getting one! Thank you

where are you guys finding custom graphics for the 2001 and older yz smokers.... I have had a hell of a time finding any decent kits at a regular price.

where are you guys finding custom graphics for the 2001 and older yz smokers.... I have had a hell of a time finding any decent kits at a regular price.

Good question! If you find out let me know. I'm not big on flashy. The OP bikes graphics are perfect in my opinion.

Good question! If you find out let me know. I'm not big on flashy. The OP bikes graphics are perfect in my opinion.

You can find simple shroud graphics like those all day on ebay

• Like 1

Sold it for 2,000 cash to a happy buyer. makes me happy it went to a good home were it will be upkept.