Rode Kennedy Meadows

Hello Everyone,

I'm brand new to Thumper Talk. I ride a CRF-230L

The past few days we rode trail after trail up in Kern Plateau near Kennedy Meadows off the 395 and 108 in the Sequoia National Forest. It was beautiful, weather was perfect, and there are endless options for trails of all levels.

It was my first experience with single track and probably some of the toughest trails I've done. Literally riding on the edge of cliffs on some of the trails.

I uploaded a couple videos:

Anyone doing the D37 Bishop 3 day ride next month?

Cheers,

Autumn-

Edited by neighborchick

You are right! It was one of the most beautiful places I've been camping and riding. And yes, it was scary on the edge but now that I'm home I am craving more and want to go back ASAP! Thank you. :ride:

i understand what you are saying, on Sundays i am already looking forward to the next weekend and getting back on the bike

• Like 1

Welcome to TT! I watched both your vids, very nice countryside to ride and great trails.

I'd personally, however, be very timid about attempting the trails along such a drop off due to my fear of heights. Even though the trails look wide and not all that technical in that area alongside the dropoff, my eyes may drift off toward the edge and we all know how where you look your bike tends to go... :jawdrop: . So kudos to you for riding through there, and look forward to more vids to come. :ride:

I am always in awe of people who have no fear of heights!!

Edited by leadfoot70ss
  • Like 1

Welcome to TT! I watched both your vids, very nice countryside to ride and great trails.

I'd personally, however, be very timid about attempting the trails along such a drop off due to my fear of heights. Even though the trails look wide and not all that technical in that area alongside the dropoff, my eyes may drift off toward the edge and we all know how where you look your bike tends to go... :jawdrop: . So kudos to you for riding through there, and look forward to more vids to come. :ride:

I am always in awe of people who have no fear of heights!!

Thanks so much Leadfoot! The trails on the cliffside are actually not much wider than the tire. We had about 6 inches to the side of us to spare. My husband is afraid of heights and he had a couple panic attacks but he did the ride anyway. I hope to post some more videos soon. We are doing the Bishop ride in a couple weeks. Cheers!

Thanks so much Leadfoot!

You are welcome!

The trails on the cliffside are actually not much wider than the tire. We had about 6 inches to the side of us to spare.

Oh, in that case, YIKES! I'd have been paralyzed with fear. You should have seen me the time I got talked into going up in the 100ft firetruck lift at a carshow event we were at with my car. We get up there, and I'm completely immobile, the lift operator dude was cracking up :devil: and couldn't believe I can drag race my car but was frightened to be 100ft in the air on a lift :( . Our daughter thought it was quite funny too. :naughty:

My husband is afraid of heights and he had a couple panic attacks but he did the ride anyway. I hope to post some more videos soon. We are doing the Bishop ride in a couple weeks. Cheers!

Kudos to your hubby too for riding through. Have fun on your next ride! :ride:

• Like 1

I so miss that place and yes it is BEAUTIFUL riding around there. The vids so make me miss Cali :( but glad to hear you had fun ?

I really miss living in SoCal when I see things like this. ?

I used to be able to ride out my driveway....now we get to trailer the bikes 45 min away to one of the crappiest places I've ever ridden.

Welcome to the land of eco-nazis and Coexist. :lame:

• Like 1