street legalizing a dirt bike CALI. 07 KTM 450 XC-W, Honda CRF450X, 2006 Husqvarna 450 TC, anything else to do

All right so im 17 and i live in cali. I am currently riding a crf250x but i want an upgrade. I dont really want a dirt bike for the purpose of street travel but I think it would be a cool perk. I dont want a bike that is trail mainly so im nervious about the 450X cuz i have blown the fork seals on the 250 a bunch of times on the track and think i will have the same issues with the 450. Im getting into some more track but i need a dirt bike that is green sticker, rocks the track and the trails, and can become street legalized just for random rides. The KTM's are good and i would like to know if i can street legalize the xc-w. I have also been looking at the tc husqvarnia 450 (race model) on craigslist and i was wondering if that is green sticker and can become dual sported. Any DMV laws to watch out for? heared it is based on vin code. help on this subject and any other bike you think will work write down. Thank you! ?

Dirt bikes cannot legally be street plated in CA anymore, at least not since Jan 31, 2004. If you like KTM's, your best bet would be the factory street legal 2007 and newer 450/525/530/500 EXC models. Note that the 2007 450/525 EXC was the last year for the super reliable RFS engine.