Gaerne G-Reacts destroyed my feet!

I have had some serious feet issues this summer. i use gaerne g-reacts and msr socks. I have gotten super bad heat rash and my boots leave blisters on the side of feet on the outside. It was so bad at the last race that it left a open bleeding sore that made my socks stick to it for a week +. So, what kind of boots are better as im super dissapointed with the quality of these. Not only this but they are shredding along the top rim.

Draw fresh socks every break you get, or at least hang em up and flip flop around, classic immersion foot.

I wear two pairs of socks, riding socks underneath of ankle socks with no issues.

maybe it's not the boot, but the fit?

i take my boots off after every race

But that would make my heat rash worse?

Exactly, the boots are great boots, just dont fit me

and not to mention they're tight on my legs then loose around the top of my feet the squeeze the sides

Edited by Two Smoke is cool

Boots are a lot like helmets in the fit respect. Every brand/style (and sometimes the same brand/style from year to year) will fit differently. Though Gaerne are always said to fit wider feet better than other brands.

Are you sure your not having some kind of allergic reaction to the socks or something? You shouldn't be having heat rashes from something like a 30 minute moto. I'm in my old A-stars for 5-6 hours at a time during woods rides. I wear 2 pairs of socks, but my feet are soaking wet way before the end of a summer ride day. Never have any problems. Then again my feet are all callouses anyway from being on them in work boots for 8-10 hours every day.

Try some different boots for fit. And try more/different socks too.

yeah we're really considering that, im more concerned about that then the boot fit. What are the best socks that dont have nearly as much acrylic as the msr ones and are much thinner?

Sometimes thinner isn't good. I wear a pair of plain old cotton crew socks with a pair of MSR long MX socks over those for long days in the woods. When I'm at the track and not wearing knee guards, I wear a pair of Fox heavy MX socks only. They look and feel to be more like cotton too.

Gaerne boots are rock solid! they obviously are way too tight or way to lose for you. One thing you could try is, because theyre "italian leather" you know the good stuff. Run a hot bath and then stand in the bath with your boots on for 10mins, the get out walk around a bit and then let them cool down or run a cold hose over them and they should now fit your feet perfectly.

If theyre too tight you can grab a mx inner tube, stuff it in the boot and then blow that sucker up with air and leave it over night.

My Sg12s are the best boot I have ever had

Edited by Rotaholic
  • Like 1