No power up kit incluced with 2012 TE310?

<sorry for the mis-spelling in the thread title)

Just purchased a 2012 TE310 here in California, and was told that the Power up kit is no longer included. Does anyone have a list of the items in the kit, including part numbers, particularly the O2 sensor plug and wiring plug?

Also, if I remove the throttle limiting plate in the EFI without doing those other mods, is the computer going to give me a problem or anything? Downsides?

I like the bike so far, but am a bit disappointed with the power. I'm hopeful that the power up (or at least removal of the throttle limiting plate) will help.

Thanks

Edited by 4x4van

I just posted for the first time in this forum and just bought the same bike. Mine comes with the kit from the dealer i went to. The other dealer I almost purchesed from wasnt going to include it"said i could buy it for 50$ and i saw no chain or sprocket in this kit". I was happy to see i also get a longer chain and big rear sprocket because from what i read it is a must for my riding style and trail type. I would call Eric's Cycle's in Pasadena im sure he can sell you the kit. The dealer I was going to buy from said CARB was the reason it wouldn't come with the bike but how do they know if i,m riding closed course or not ?

<sorry for the mis-spelling in the thread title)

Just purchased a 2012 TE310 here in California, and was told that the Power up kit is no longer included. Does anyone have a list of the items in the kit, including part numbers, particularly the O2 sensor plug and wiring plug?

Also, if I remove the throttle limiting plate in the EFI without doing those other mods, is the computer going to give me a problem or anything? Downsides?

I like the bike so far, but am a bit disappointed with the power. I'm hopeful that the power up (or at least removal of the throttle limiting plate) will help.

Thanks

Should have been included.... Who's your dealer?

They stopped including the chain and sprocket. No brass plug and resistor either. I think the better air filter cage MAY have been in my spare parts.

Close course mods also requires the throttle plate item and open exhaust.

Just removing throttle plate allows revs past about 6500. Bike is very lean so best to do all the closed course items together. Eric's would be a good choice to call. Where are you specifically in CA?

They stopped including the chain and sprocket. No brass lug and resistor either. I think the better air filter cage MAY have been in my spare parts.

Close course mods also requires the throttle plate item and open exhaust.

Just removing throttle plate allows revs past about 6500. Bike is very lean so best to do all the closed course items together. Eric's would be a good choice to call. Where are you specifically in CA?

Edited by glangston
  • Like 1

So does anyone have a list of the part numbers, particularly the O2 sensor plug and wiring plug? With those, I can at least start to price out what I need in order to get this thing to do more than 60mph on the freeway.

I just checked with my dealer and he said Hisqvarna NA is no longer putting the kits into the bike crates.

He said that he buys the kit separately and includes it in the sale price if the client wants the power-up on the bike at time of purchase.

So I suppose since its not in the crate some dealers are charging for the parts as well as the installation.

My dealer doesn't charge extra.

go into the parts catalog (Husky NA and Halls Husky have them up), all that stuff is in there, just use the TXC parts.

That's what my 11 TE310 has (basically it's a MY12 TXC310 with lites now).

PS with the 12 TXC ECU and injector it doesn't need any outside tuner, Ive been riding and racing mine all year with, at first just closed course mode 2011 TE spec (It was just fine in OEM closed course mode if ridden correctly) and now with the 12 TXC ECU and Injector its even better (your MY 12 TE may have the new injector but I'll bet the TXC ECU is different) Go check the parts catalog its all in there. RN

• 1 month later...

Well, got my power-up kit from a local dealer (NOT the dealer I bought the bike from; they refused). Quick question: The catalyzer that needs to be removed from the exhaust; is it in the headpipe side or the silencer side? Anybody got a pic of what I'm looking for when I pull the silencer off? And how does it come out; just pull?

go to Husky NA site and down load the parts catalogs. they have mech breakdown line drawing of the entire bike, use them to see how things dissassemble and reassemble. also you can find all your desired parts in there for all the x-lite models. (ie build your own TXC310)

Robertaccio; I have downloaded the parts manual (2012), as well as the service manual (2011), but neither shows the catalyzer at all, nor do they list it.

Thanks MotoXotica. I guess I'll see which side it's in when I pull the exhaust apart. I'll be installing everything this weekend; can't wait! I'll post back on the difference; I'm expecting a big smile!

BTW, Kudos to Coyne's Powersports in Banning, CA; they got me the kit/parts for free even though I didn't buy the bike there! They will definitely be getting my service and parts business in the future!

Edited by 4x4van

OMG! This is a completely different bike after the power up! Easy 3rd gear wheelies (still running the 40t rear sprocket)! This just makes me even more POed at California Air Resources Board, for forcing Husky to detune this bike so badly. I knew there was going to be a difference, but never imagined that big of one. Thanks to all here who helped me out, as well as Coyne's Powersports for stepping up to the plate in getting me the necessary parts.

Just a quick note: Immeiately after the power up, it was idling really high (3000RPM) and the idle adjustment had no effect. I then tried to lower the cable stopper (inside the throttle body at the bottom; threaded stud wth lock nut)). That also had no effect. After my son took the bike out for a ride, it would no longer idle at all and would die immediately on throttle release. I returned the stopper to it's original position, and then adjusted the idle screw, which this time DID have an effect. So it appears that after the power up, it takes a bit for the computer to re-adjust itself. I think the idle would have likely taken care of itself in the beginning without me playing with it and the stopper, if I had just had a bit of patience. :ride:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

OMG! This is a completely different bike after the power up! Easy 3rd gear wheelies (still running the 40t rear sprocket)! This just makes me even more POed at California Air Resources Board, for forcing Husky to detune this bike so badly. I knew there was going to be a difference, but never imagined that big of one. Thanks to all here who helped me out, as well as Coyne's Powersports for stepping up to the plate in getting me the necessary parts.

Just a quick note: Immeiately after the power up, it was idling really high (3000RPM) and the idle adjustment had no effect. I then tried to lower the cable stopper (inside the throttle body at the bottom; threaded stud wth lock nut)). That also had no effect. After my son took the bike out for a ride, it would no longer idle at all and would die immediately on throttle release. I returned the stopper to it's original position, and then adjusted the idle screw, which this time DID have an effect. So it appears that after the power up, it takes a bit for the computer to re-adjust itself. I think the idle would have likely taken care of itself in the beginning without me playing with it and the stopper, if I had just had a bit of patience. https://www.thumpertalk.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/ride.gif

Thanks for this post. Helped a bit. I have a te310 2013 and it didn't come with the kit either. I can't even pull the front wheel off the ground if I dump the clutch at full rev in first!! What exactly is the "power up" kit? Like what's all included in it. Thanks!

Thanks for this post. Helped a bit. I have a te310 2013 and it didn't come with the kit either. I can't even pull the front wheel off the ground if I dump the clutch at full rev in first!! What exactly is the "power up" kit? Like what's all included in it. Thanks!

First you need to get rid of the 40 tooth rear sprocket.

The power up consists of just a few parts, as well as the removal of a few parts. First, the air filter holder (nearly closed "pie plate") gets replaced with a wide open "cage" style. Next, the catalytic converter gets removed (it's inside the exhaust at the joint between the headpipe and the muffler. Then, the O2 sensor gets removed and replaced with a solid plug, and a new resistor unit plugs into the wiring harness in the sensor's place (this is what fools the computer and allows the 2 different fuel maps using the button on the handlebars). Finally, remove the throttle restrictor plate inside the throttle body so that you can actually have full throttle (instead of only 1/3).

As for the rear sprocket; that just depends on how much dirt vs street you ride. If you are a good rider and don't run in too technical trails, the 40t is fine and still allows cruising easily at 65-70. If you run tight and rough single track, you'll be better with a 45t or 50t, but you'll also lose that easy cruising on the street.

Of course, the above refers to the 2012, the 2013 power up may be a bit different, and the gearing is also different (2012 is a 6 speed, 2013 is a 5 speed).

The power up consists of just a few parts, as well as the removal of a few parts. First, the air filter holder (nearly closed "pie plate") gets replaced with a wide open "cage" style. Next, the catalytic converter gets removed (it's inside the exhaust at the joint between the headpipe and the muffler. Then, the O2 sensor gets removed and replaced with a solid plug, and a new resistor unit plugs into the wiring harness in the sensor's place (this is what fools the computer and allows the 2 different fuel maps using the button on the handlebars). Finally, remove the throttle restrictor plate inside the throttle body so that you can actually have full throttle (instead of only 1/3).

As for the rear sprocket; that just depends on how much dirt vs street you ride. If you are a good rider and don't run in too technical trails, the 40t is fine and still allows cruising easily at 65-70. If you run tight and rough single track, you'll be better with a 45t or 50t, but you'll also lose that easy cruising on the street.

Of course, the above refers to the 2012, the 2013 power up may be a bit different, and the gearing is also different (2012 is a 6 speed, 2013 is a 5 speed).

Are you sure the 2013 is a 5 speed?