Bryan Bosch

Honda CRF250L/M Pics & Video

Son's first ride, on a brand new, stock CRF250L.

Excellent!

I suspect he will have a lot of fun on the bike :-)

Jon...

• Like 1

2013-Honda-CRF250L-Side.jpg

I am bored so I thought I would read thru old posts and look at what my bike used to look like ... :goofy:

3 MORE DAYS :ride:

Looking forward to read your review about the new pimped bike! Especially on several subjects...

1- The Airbox mode done by the pros! ( I have the plastic inserts and waiting for your report)

2- The sound level of the Q4 + Megabomb + EJK Setup (mine is on the way)

3- The gearing... I have the 13t ready.. But still thinking about the 42 rear because of the top speed concerns (actually I checked on some gear calculator tools, it effects exactly 1000 rpm for the speed on 6th gear with stock vs 13t+42t)

4- And the EJK Tuner setup.. if they will remap and change the settings that are made by best dual sport bikes?

Edited by emreturkeli
  • Like 2

Looking forward to read your review about the new pimped bike! Especially on several subjects...

1- The Airbox mode done by the pros! ( I have the plastic inserts and waiting for your report)

2- The sound level of the Q4 + Megabomb + EJK Setup (mine is on the way)

3- The gearing... I have the 13t ready.. But still thinking about the 42 rear because of the top speed concerns (actually I checked on some gear calculator tools, it effects exactly 1000 rpm for the speed on 6th gear with stock vs 13t+42t)

4- And the EJK Tuner setup.. if they will remap and change the settings that are made by best dual sport bikes?

I'm looking forward to the results as well.

Regarding #2, I have that pipe/fuel programmer setup, it's louder than stock but nothing like my Triumph with dual Arrows on it:

My build thread.

:thumbsup:

• Like 4

It is pretty loud to me.
With 13/42's I can still cruise at 70 all day long top speed is probably 80. I am glad I put the 42 on there.
I have not installed the speedoDRD calibrator yet but my bike displayed 88mph
The air box just has the inner snorkel removed and he said opened up a little. I have not looked at it yet but, Tracin said not to drill holes.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=58332 Edited by gnath9
  • Like 6

Your son is cool.

Is there an insert for the pipe to quieten it down a bit?

I mainly want the pipe for the weight saving not sure if I want it very loud since I ride this to work and don't want to attract too much attention to myself.

Edited by Positron007
  • Like 1

Your son is cool.

Is there an insert for the pipe to quieten it down a bit?

I mainly want the pipe for the weight saving not sure if I want it very loud since I ride this to work and don't want to attract too much attention too myself.

Thanks he is kinda cool ....

I think there is some people who have made an insert but I don't think there is one from FMF.

I can feel the weight savings :thumbsup:

The box of parts I brought home from the shop was pretty darn heavy

I need to let someone ride the thing so I can get a sense of how loud it really is ... It does not seem too bad if you ride it right but, she sure has a good bark when you crank it up.

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 2

Man I was just thinking to myself after watching your video how am I gonna use the bike with such a loud exhaust system (Q4 + MegaBomb) but then I noticed that in our video with your son, the Q4 has no silent baffle inserted!!! I hope you're aware of that?

Edited by emreturkeli
  • Like 1

On the fmf website it says "Quiet Insert: 94dB Insert (included)", is that something you maybe have to install separately or does it already come built in?

Look at this video... you can easily see the silent insert in the exhaust...

I'm looking forward to the results as well.

Regarding #2, I have that pipe/fuel programmer setup, it's louder than stock but nothing like my Triumph with dual Arrows on it:

but when you look at this one, it's removed...

• Like 3

Yeh, mine with the insert in (shown in my video above) is not too loud at all... For neighborhood or highway riding. To me it sounds just right, not too quiet like stock, but not like straight pipes on any of my old Harley's either.

• Like 2

Yeh, mine with the insert in (shown in my video above) is not too loud at all... For neighborhood or highway riding. To me it sounds just right, not too quiet like stock, but not like straight pipes on any of my old Harley's either.

Did I lose mine ?

Did it come in the box but not installed ?

If so I bet I threw away by mistake ... I wonder If FMF can sell me one.

Mine came installed in the pipe.

Now I am curious .... Mine did not come with the bracket for the side cover and I thought maybe I could have thrown it out by mistake. BDSB's was nice enough to send me a new one.

I wonder if someone took that from my kit along with the bracket ?

Yeh something is off there. Would your mechanic have removed it?

I have all the parts he removed I will check and ask If it's not there.

I found them online for $35.99

• Like 1