I really hadn't done much with my suspension over the last year or so. The forks and shock were bone stock, except springs. As a result of a few clicks here and there based on track conditions, lack of maintenance (?) or whatever, my bike's handling was not real good. Both my forks had failed seals that weeped a little and then gushed when racing at Glen Helen. The race didn't go so well and my bike really beat me up. The rear seemed to be kicking quite a bit. I replaced the oil and dust seals in both forks, drilled the free piston, cleaned things up real good and put some oil back in them. The forks received 325ml of 5wt. The inners have the 5wt too and were properly filled per DaveJ's instructions. The shock was cleaned up and inspected. Everything looked great, so it was filled with Motul shock oil and charged to 155psig. I reset all the clickers to MXA's recommendations as my starting point. I noted that my fork rebound was several clicks out from their settings, and compression was out a few clicks from their recommendations. I had my forks up in the clamps about 7mm. On the shock I was at 110mm sag and my clickers were a ways from the recommendations. I reset my shock to 100 mm sag. The Forks went to flush in the clamps. I read a few suspension setup guides and a great explanation of shock compression and rebound settings from Ross Maeda. With my baseline set and a couple articles printed out, I headed for testing at Perris Raceway. The ride from the truck to the track revealed handling was odd. I did a few figure-eights in the starting area and was not happy with steering. I raised the forks about 2mm in the clamps and gave it another try and it was OK. It was significantly different. The track was fresh and I needed to warm up a bit and get a good feel for my settings. I rode 8 or 10 laps and was still a little unhappy with the turning. It leaned over and turned better than it did at Glen Helen, but it was not holding the inside line so well. After raising the forks to about 4mm above the clamps and relaxing a bit, I tested it some more. It settled in, leaned over and turned even better but I felt that at mid turn the radius changed a bit and it felt like the front was coming up a bit. One click in on the rebound to 7-out and cornering was really good. I was very surprised how much better the bike handled after the effort. The exercise reminded me how sensitive the bike is to minor changes. Adding or subtracting a few pounds from the rider could easily have a substantial impact on handling!