Maintenance, adjustments, and modifications to our Betas

1 minute ago, HeavyRotationClassic said:

Which one? 

Looks like the KDM master is the same part. 170$ on aomc. Them ain't no Yamaha prices. 

He had it on a 02 520EXC KDM (that I’m buying this weekend). Told him to remove it cuz I’m cheap. It has like two rides on it (da Clake). It’s not a Clake 2, just a clutch lever. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

He had it on a 02 520EXC KDM (that I’m buying this weekend). Told him to remove it cuz I’m cheap. It has like two rides on it (da Clake). It’s not a Clake 2, just a clutch lever. 

Ah, the Pro is the clutch/lhrb combo. It's like, 700$. It's cool you're finally buying a dual sport, is that bike a 5 speed? 

Edited by BetaCuck

7 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Brazed some metal over a pin hole discovered when using hydra force. Pipe not bent. Can send originals if these are small. 

C00DC446-D724-41F7-BBB7-7630305004F1.jpeg

2B81A153-4EA6-474A-962C-D25E42FC9019.jpeg

6928C09B-A565-4CB5-B447-A72740D2FA69.jpeg

F531732B-D212-4DD8-9904-A419ED843686.jpeg

3546BE21-210A-4BD0-A178-1F7D4A61F65D.jpeg

3C80B3CF-A827-4012-97D2-E62C0AE8DE7F.jpeg

How you liking the hydro force?  My buddy picked up one for us to use,but haven't had a chance to even open the box. 

yes, I have the ‘One Light Clutch’.   Works wonderfully, one finger clutch now-  before it was quite stiff and since I have some wrist issues it was a pain in tight trials requiring a lot of slipping.  (Well, the way I ride anyway).  Mineral oil

I have the Hydro Force-  it works well, within reason.  Creases are harder to take out but most others work well.  Getting all the air out is important (pretty easy) and getting it sealed is not too hard.  I’ve had a couple where the seams had pinholes (the XTrainer pipes I’ve tried all had pin holes) and of course if they are very big at all minimize the pressure avaliable. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eeppisyys said:

I'm looking for another set of wheels (rims +discs+etc). Do all the beta rr wheels fit each other or are there differences 200-350? There are lots of used ktm sets but they probably wont fit. What would be the best cheap ass way to go? 

Kke wheel on eBay for beta. $500. Otherwise kke wheel for ktm for $350 but then you need to do some jiggering. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eeppisyys said:

I'm looking for another set of wheels (rims +discs+etc). Do all the beta rr wheels fit each other or are there differences 200-350? There are lots of used ktm sets but they probably wont fit. What would be the best cheap ass way to go? 

KTM front discs fit, rear is the cheapest to order from racediscs, located in UK. I've ran a set of VMX enduro's (also got them supermotos) for the past season, no complaints. All spokes are still tight and rims are true.

IMG_20200423_204116_3.jpg

Edited by Arsori
  • Like 2

On Sunday I did a Enduro Sprint, 4 special tests in total, not very hot maybe mid 80s and not very fast. Unloaded bike Sunday in the garage and just now started to put things away when I saw small leak from bottom right radiator hose. Looked like it was coming out from top of hose. I did not see any cracks.

bike is only 3-4 months old. I tightened the clamp but is this a know issue or maybe just loose clamp?

DB8CD404-E31F-40E4-9221-5C2482BF795B.jpeg

11 minutes ago, randy450r said:

On Sunday I did a Enduro Sprint, 4 special tests in total, not very hot maybe mid 80s and not very fast. Unloaded bike Sunday in the garage and just now started to put things away when I saw small leak from bottom right radiator hose. Looked like it was coming out from top of hose. I did not see any cracks.

bike is only 3-4 months old. I tightened the clamp but is this a know issue or maybe just loose clamp?

I always check the hoses when buying new or used bikes. The fasteners are almost always not tight. Rode my RMZ while back (without checking fasteners) and a stick poked the hose off the flange resulting in coolant all over my right leg. That chemical burn left a scar. Check them fasteners!

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 4:54 PM, randy450r said:

The left radiator, lower spigot on my 19 would drip small amounts of coolant when sitting in the garage.Had to cut off a small section of hose where it slips over the spigot to rectify the issue.

I'm going to install clake one light clutch. I noticed the clutch line is too short and I have to order a longer one. I haven't pulled the line out yet, as I wanted to test it first. Does someone know what the regular length is and fittings? Are the fittings Swivel male M10x1.00 and Banjo M10/3/8"? Also are the clutch lines the same o 200 RR and 250 RR? 2019 models.

On 10/22/2020 at 3:04 PM, Eeppisyys said:

I'm going to install clake one light clutch. I noticed the clutch line is too short and I have to order a longer one. I haven't pulled the line out yet, as I wanted to test it first. Does someone know what the regular length is and fittings? Are the fittings Swivel male M10x1.00 and Banjo M10/3/8"? Also are the clutch lines the same o 200 RR and 250 RR? 2019 models.

Took my line of and measured, m10x1 top and m10 banjo bottom. Original length was ~92 cm on 250. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 5:17 PM, Balkan boy said:

Lower engine mounting bolt completely rusted. 
Other bolts were Ok. Maybe worth checking.

1165604566_20190729_161338(Large).thumb.jpg.7388894fef5b4038a4c64243779954d1.jpg

Anyone knows how long this bolt is? Mine snapped in two and one of the halves is lost.. I ordered a replacement 2 weeks ago but it will take another week to arrive and I wondered if I can't use a normal bolt for the next weekend until the "special" one arrives ?

• Like 1