ballisticexchris

Maintenance, adjustments, and modifications to our Betas

Tighten my chain up this morning before a ride.  Took it off the stand to torque the rear wheel nut and noticed fuel leaking out of the bottom tube. So I took the carb off and had a piece of trash on my float valve. Look like clear plastic or maybe a piece of varnish.  Didn't leak again , so good to go.😁

• Like 2

Does anyone have experience with this?

If the main shaft bearing is worn, does it mean that entire shaft has to be replaced?

Little bearing is not in the parts fiche.

20191109_154426.jpg

20191109_155105.jpg

Edited by Balkan boy

You could just use an inner bearing extractor (or have someone do it for you) and go to your local industrial bearing seller with the old bearing. I'm 90% sure they will have it, or at least know where to get one.

You could also look for bearing code from the outer race and just ebay it, or buy a new shaft 😀

• Helpful 1

Can anyone direct me to a good write-up on changing the fork oil on the Sachs ZF forms. I have a 2019 and want to service my forks soon and have never done it myself.

23 minutes ago, Demo_man said:

Can anyone direct me to a good write-up on changing the fork oil on the Sachs ZF forms. I have a 2019 and want to service my forks soon and have never done it myself.

I started a thread on this subject:

From what I've been able to gather, it should be as simple as I outlined.  I'll likely do mine tomorrow.

1 hour ago, braindead0 said:

I started a thread on this subject:

From what I've been able to gather, it should be as simple as I outlined.  I'll likely do mine tomorrow.

Thanks you

Rebuild the forks on my 2017 RR300 standard edition. The previous owner had written in the service book that the forks were last serviced at a shop approx 70hrs ago.

For some reason, there was a total of 4 spacers in the other fork, two on top of the spring, and two between the thick white spacer and the endcap. Other fork had only one spacer on top of the spring. Could this be done intentionally?

For now I took the excess spacers out so that both forks matched and measured the fluid level 135mm from top.

Still have to change studded tires as we recently got out first 4 inches of snow in Finland

IMG_20191130_100610_1.jpg