Sign in to follow this  

2013 aftermarket exhausts.

i love how everyone made such a big deal about aftermarket exhausts being soo expensive for this bike when they arent any more than a single. fmf,yosh,etc have complete dual full systems from 750-1000 depending on what you want. glad to see the companies are working with the people.

I got my dual Yosh (Stainless steel) for 750....(Retail is 900)

How does it compare in weight to the stock exhaust?

I wish I had a scale, but the stock exhaust felt like a boat anchor.

That was my thought when I was mounting the Yosh RS4 on our 12...It is well built though.

Wholly mother... :shocked:

I got a 900 dollar exhaust for 750? and thats a deal?

Thats like being thankful that the gang of guys that raped you had small dicks. :huh:

Even back when I was making $20-40K per month, I still dont think I could bring myself to drop a G on a 3 foot long piece of pipe and a fancy muffler.

• Like 5

$750 is not THAT much when new 450's list for $8500!! I'll keep my exhaust stock seeing as Im a little fat anyways, and the last thing I need is more power.....LOL.

Heck, us ice racers pay almost $600 for a good set of ice tires that usually last us a season (3 months).

Also, I think the OP point was dual exhaust doesnt mean $1200 exhaust.

Wholly mother... :shocked: I got a 900 dollar exhaust for 750? and thats a deal? Thats like being thankful that the gang of guys that raped you had small dicks. :huh: Even back when I was making $20-40K per month, I still dont think I could bring myself to drop a G on a 3 foot long piece of pipe and a fancy muffler.

Shawn. No need to be a dick. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Thanks.

Wholly mother... :shocked:

I got a 900 dollar exhaust for 750? and thats a deal?

Thats like being thankful that the gang of guys that raped you had small dicks. :huh:

Even back when I was making $20-40K per month, I still dont think I could bring myself to drop a G on a 3 foot long piece of pipe and a fancy muffler.

Sheesh man, what the hell can you do to make that coin?

If I had that income, the UPS / FedEX vans delivering to my shop wouldn't be vans, they'd be semi's. :smirk:

I'd be way more addicted than I am now..

Sheesh man, what the hell can you do to make that coin?

If I had that income, the UPS / FedEX vans delivering to my shop wouldn't be vans, they'd be semi's. :smirk:

I'd be way more addicted than I am now..

my thoughts exactly. i make like 9k a year now ( going to college and working a part time job ) and i spend almost 80% of that on racing and bike parts...

$750 is not THAT much when new 450's list for $8500!! I'll keep my exhaust stock seeing as Im a little fat anyways, and the last thing I need is more power.....LOL. Heck, us ice racers pay almost $600 for a good set of ice tires that usually last us a season (3 months). Also, I think the OP point was dual exhaust doesnt mean $1200 exhaust.

$750 is really that bad when I can get a hand-welded, polished stainless steel exhaust system for my truck - manifolds to the tailpipes for $700.

Edited by Lead Head
  • Like 1

$750 is really that bad when I can get a hand-welded, polished stainless steel exhaust system for my truck - manifolds to the tailpipes for $700.

Thats the point.

I was doing mortgage loans back before the Fed changed the rules and blew up our economy. And Im 50 years old, so Ive been around a bit.

But honestly, I guess if you post a $900 retail and somebody gets one for $750, that is a pretty good deal. My problem is that the $900 retail is absurd on its face.

But I guess if you guys pay it, there'll be a market for it.

You can hand build the pipe in a single day and make damn good money at $900 a pop and live in SoCal doing it. Honestly, I could see 500 as retail price for a mass produced pipe built in America and have a pretty deep profit.

I guess the cost of fuel (affects everything) and taxes (affects everybody) are coming home to roost. Run away inflation is on its way.

How about just getting a slip on? Wouldn't that cut weight and cost way less? The power increase is small right? or is it a big difference.. or is the weight loss that important? I'm an old school 2 stroke guy so even paying $250 for a 2 stroke pipe is surprising... You did get a great deal compared to the regular cost it's just that the regular cost is obscene.

On my 2012 I replaced the stock can with a Yosh RS-4D slip on. The yosh has a stainless mid-pipe, aluminum can, and carbon end cap. Both the stocker and the Yosh are boat anchors. I didn't weigh them but they felt about the same as I was swapping them.

And yeah, the prices on 4-stroke exhausts are pretty staggering.

the prices on four stroke exhausts are a flat out rip off. just a basic exhaust can cost over $700 and it is just some tubing with a few mandrel bends and a can on the end. a 2 stroke pipe is more complex and takes more hours to make and you can get a new 2 stroke exhaust for less than half the price. when you buy a brand name exhaust, you are paying for the name.

i love how everyone made such a big deal about aftermarket exhausts being soo expensive for this bike when they arent any more than a single. fmf,yosh,etc have complete dual full systems from 750-1000 depending on what you want. glad to see the companies are working with the people.

If nearly twice the pipe is the same cost then they were really over pricing the single in the first place. FWIW, the stock dual is kinda gay looking IMO and nearly guarantees some kind of crash damage. Single slip-on after a couple good crashes might be in order.

IMG_0056.jpg Best $900 ive ever spent lmao! J/K but you know what they say, "You cant take it with you when you go"
  • Like 2

Very cool to have either wine glasses in the garage or bike in the house, nice

• Like 1

haha no I was putting on my graphics and didnt want to sweat my ass of in the garage