why cant cops just leave us alone?

I go on a week long trip to taylor park colorado ever few years with a group of guys and we always take one day and ride to Aspen. The last time we went we where riding through town to get to the gas station and restaurant. I pulled away from a stop sign and had a cop fall in behind me for about 1/2 a mile. My bike isnt even close to being legal, no tag or lights. My ass was puckered but he didnt mess with me at all.

I hate cops.

You know why? Because all they do is harass innocent bikers, arrest victims, keep legal bikes off the streets, impound legal bikes, write tickets for driving the speed limit, dish out fix it tickets for cars in good working order, and just generally harass everyone they see.

Ya I hate cops.

?

I go on a week long trip to taylor park colorado ever few years with a group of guys and we always take one day and ride to Aspen. The last time we went we where riding through town to get to the gas station and restaurant. I pulled away from a stop sign and had a cop fall in behind me for about 1/2 a mile. My bike isnt even close to being legal, no tag or lights. My ass was puckered but he didnt mess with me at all.

Maybe it's a CO thing...I had the same thing happen to me. I was at Texas Creek. I blew by on the highway, he even put the gun on me. I was slowing and preparing to pull over but he never pulled out. I continued down the street...no plate, no lights, nothing. Had all my gear on though.

• 10 months later...

what a prick. there are too many cops that think theyre above the law and they can do whatever they want. even here in canada the vast majority (90 out of 100) of cops will try there hardest to get you laid with as many charges and tickets as they possibly can. theres a couple o.p.p around here that wait at the ends of trails in my area for guys on bikes to come out onto the road. encountered one of them a couple days ago, luckily i spotted him before i hit the road. stopped in the sand (not on the road, or the shoulder, the sand on the trail. guy get outa his car and starts waving at me and shit, so, being respectful and not a dick, push my bike over to see wat he wants. THE MINUTE I HIT THE PAVEMENT this guy starts yelling and tells me to get away from the bike, it wasnt even running and i wasnt on it. he comes over and tells me i was speeding (on the trail? lol?), that i am on an unregistered bike that could very well be stolen (mind you i had the ownership and insurance in my fender bag) and that he was going to have to impound my bike and all this shit about how i may never see my bike again and starts dexcribing in length that the tickets and fines i'll have will be pricey.

this fool tried to trick me.

i didnt friggin like that.

i gave my mom a call and told her what was going on and her and my stepdad showed up. man my stepdad freaked on this guy when he heard the shit this goof pulled.

i packed up my bike into my parents truck, and by ther time i was done, the cop was getting back in his cruiser. i asked what happened... turns out this guy didnt have the balls to explain why i was going to be getting a speeding ticket, my bike impounded, and all sorts of fines. im happy i dodnt get worked over by this guy but im still going to go down to town and talk to whoever is his superior. i dont want this guy on the streets anymore! think of all the people hes done this to and gotten away with.

dont get me wrong there are some great cops out there but the 1 &%$#@! ruins it for all of them!

where were ya ridin ganaraska ?  i ride there all the time never seen any opp or cops on the outskirts roads but i knowing the good ole durham region shitbag cops doesnt surprize me lol you shoulda roosted him and headed back in the trails LOL

They're pretty laid back about dirt bikes here in Salida CO.  Lot of people just slap a tag on a dirt bike with lights and leave it at that.  Some other guys with unplated bikes just short shift it through town and keep it low key and don't get hassled.   Mine has everything to be legal except DOT tires.  I took it for a spin though the allley after making adjustments and a cop stopped me for no eye protection.  Just ran my license and then spent the next 10 minutes talking bikes.  So the cop situation really varies from place to place, and cop to cop.  

They're pretty laid back about dirt bikes here in Salida CO. Lot of people just slap a tag on a dirt bike with lights and leave it at that. Some other guys with unplated bikes just short shift it through town and keep it low key and don't get hassled. Mine has everything to be legal except DOT tires. I took it for a spin though the allley after making adjustments and a cop stopped me for no eye protection. Just ran my license and then spent the next 10 minutes talking bikes. So the cop situation really varies from place to place, and cop to cop.

A lot of youngsters don't respect cops anymore.

If they had to walk in their shoes for a night, they would change their opinions.

But thanks to the Hollywood and gaming perception given, its cool now to rebel against cops.

Its a GTA thing, getting to be all wheelie boy's. Next phase will be the flat bill!

At least their not all rapping!

Lmbo

• 2 weeks later...

where were ya ridin ganaraska ?  i ride there all the time never seen any opp or cops on the outskirts roads but i knowing the good ole durham region shitbag cops doesnt surprize me lol you shoulda roosted him and headed back in the trails LOL

I ride in the bewdley area, and I live out in garden hill and the opp are always around. theres and opp in particular that lives just out the other end of a trail from my house whos tried a couple times before to get me. and its funny, because hes the same cop that was put on the case when my moms truck got stolen, and we told them who the guys were that stole it, know what happened? absolutely nothing. the lazy and corrupt bastard knew one of the thieves dad's and protected his ass through the whole case. would not submit any reports and would not take him in as a suspect. I think it might just be the area that I luve in, but the more I get older the more I see how &%$#@!y and corrupt my area is and the cops in it.

Edited by younggunz

I ride in the bewdley area, and I live out in garden hill and the opp are always around. theres and opp in particular that lives just out the other end of a trail from my house whos tried a couple times before to get me. and its funny, because hes the same cop that was put on the case when my moms truck got stolen, and we told them who the guys were that stole it, know what happened? absolutely nothing. the lazy and corrupt bastard knew one of the thieves dad's and protected his ass through the whole case. would not submit any reports and would not take him in as a suspect. I think it might just be the area that I luve in, but the more I get older the more I see how &%$#@!y and corrupt my area is and the cops in it.

not surprised at all