Sign in to follow this  

2013 fork air pumps

remember to check your preasure with a digital preasure gauge that has no hose i just realized the other day that not only is the gauge wrong on my fox pump but you loose how ever many psi it takes to fill the hose up to the gauge on the pump so i basically have to go up to about 40 psi on my fox pump gauge and that turned out to be 35psi just a heads up

Good to know, as this is the same situation that occurs with compression gauges.. the further up the adapter the shrader valve is, the more volume you are actaully measuring. A gauge with no adapter will show more PSI than when you use an adapter to thread into the spark plug hole.

Good to know, as this is the same situation that occurs with compression gauges.. the further up the adapter the shrader valve is, the more volume you are actaully measuring. A gauge with no adapter will show more PSI than when you use an adapter to thread into the spark plug hole.

Im not sure about that reading your getting. I have experimented with my pump(a small pump i got at the harley shop lol)and i have pumped up my fors to the pressure i want,take it off and put it back on several time. I was looking to see if there is any pressure loss from the air in the hose. The hose is only about 5 inches long. it took about 6 trys to notice a slight change in pressure. I think if you get a good pump you will be fine.I do unerstand what you are saying on checking with anouther guage,so i tried that also. no change. so anyhow sounds like we just need to get a good pump and everything will be fine.

What's everyone running for air pressure?

I've only tried the 33lbs the book lists.

JohnB, I am a 155 pounds with riding gear and have experimented from 29psi to 35psi. I race 38+ Vet Exp and ride Norcal tracks only. Because the bottom out resistance is so nice on these forks, I have found the pressure range to be quite useful in tuning the bike to how I want it to corner on different tracks. For example on a faster outdoor track that has higher speed corners and straights I run the fork at 33 psi and the bike rides more biased toward the rear and stays stable. On a track like 408MX where there are several jumps that have short landings and dive into tight corners, I run the fork at 29psi and it helps the front end compress, steepen the head angle, settle, and rip around the tight inside lines better. But take note you might need to adjust your compression and rebound a few clicks to work with the different pressures.

JohnB, I am a 155 pounds with riding gear and have experimented from 29psi to 35psi. I race 38+ Vet Exp and ride Norcal tracks only. Because the bottom out resistance is so nice on these forks, I have found the pressure range to be quite useful in tuning the bike to how I want it to corner on different tracks. For example on a faster outdoor track that has higher speed corners and straights I run the fork at 33 psi and the bike rides more biased toward the rear and stays stable. On a track like 408MX where there are several jumps that have short landings and dive into tight corners, I run the fork at 29psi and it helps the front end compress, steepen the head angle, settle, and rip around the tight inside lines better. But take note you might need to adjust your compression and rebound a few clicks to work with the different pressures.

29 is too low, minimum setting you should be running is 31!

We've got two DRC fork pumps thrown in with our bikes from the dealer, found out one reads two psi more then the other... Looking for something different the fox shocks pump looks alright.

This thread kind of ended and it looks like the DRC model#d59-35-100 is the most common and recommended pump.

Are the guys who use this still happy with it?

Thanks

I just got mine and I'm NOT happy with it; it won't screw onto the valve stem because the knurled part hits the bars! I have stock bars, stock bar mounts (no offset) and the forks tubes are positioned with the schrader valve straight forward, but the thing still hits! Guess I have to order the hose with the swivel adapter now, even though I'm not supposed to need it :foul:

I just got mine and I'm NOT happy with it; it won't screw onto the valve stem because the knurled part hits the bars! I have stock bars, stock bar mounts (no offset) and the forks tubes are positioned with the schrader valve straight forward, but the thing still hits! Guess I have to order the hose with the swivel adapter now, even though I'm not supposed to need it :foul:

Man, I had the same problem and dropped $60 on the DRC.... Bad thing is, I filed down the coupler so that I could screw it in but it is still a pain in the ass and now I can't send it back! I ended up going with a Progressive mountain bike shock pump and it works dead on every time and it's easy to screw on as the coupler is half the size.

http://www.powersportsplace.com/parts/pgr-gp3-60?gclid=CJ7Li5_b3LUCFQaznQodZzYAMw

This thread kind of ended and it looks like the DRC model#d59-35-100 is the most common and recommended pump.

Are the guys who use this still happy with it?

Thanks

Zero issues with my HRC pump,Drc is a relabled version of this.

I've got the Fox. Its close to the bars but you can just about do it ok. The digital read out and bleed button are really good

Would it be bad to use the high psi mountain bike shock pump I have from Rock Shox? It's readings are in 10PSI increments. I figure if I get the PSI close, I can dial it in the rest of the way with a recommended digital guage that's accurate. Tell me if I'm being a dumb dumb or will this suffice until I decide on which pump to buy?

Man, I had the same problem and dropped $60 on the DRC.... Bad thing is, I filed down the coupler so that I could screw it in but it is still a pain in the ass and now I can't send it back! I ended up going with a Progressive mountain bike shock pump and it works dead on every time and it's easy to screw on as the coupler is half the size.

http://www.powerspor...CFQaznQodZzYAMw

Had the same problem but didn't realise they do a different hose with a far shorter swivel head that sorts out the problem. Scroll down a little in this link http://www.drcproduc...-100/index.html

Edited by rainydays

Had the same prob luckily I got the swivel hose while I was at it kinda dumb it just doesn't come with it being the other one is worthless

Had the same prob luckily I got the swivel hose while I was at it kinda dumb it just doesn't come with it being the other one is worthless

that was my first thought too

Running the DRC pump with swival adpater. The first pump I got was a DOA. I sent it back and got another pump and it works great. The swival adpater is a must have!!

I have the DRC and got the optional swivel hose. Put it on and it was leaking air around swivel on pump body. Thought the o-ring was bad so switched them and still leaked. :confused: &%$#@!. Sprayed some soapy water on joint and found out it was leaking past threads on swivel bolt. Put some Teflon tape on threads and all good. Hard to set fork pressure when it's leaking down before you can unscrew fitting.

Edited by susco64