Racer X's take on the YZ250F in their 2013 shootout

Both of my sons race 2013 yammies in the a-class,and the last two weekends have went 1 and 2 in a class full of every brand made,even a new husky.all we do is fix the carb and put a full fmf system on them and they run fine.dont beleive everything you read from the magazines,you just cant beat the reliability of these bikes,and personally i really dont care if they put efi on the bike or not.jets and needles are cheap,fuel pumps and engine parts are not,GO BLUE!!!

• Like 2

Both of my sons race 2013 yammies in the a-class,and the last two weekends have went 1 and 2 in a class full of every brand made,even a new husky.all we do is fix the carb and put a full fmf system on them and they run fine.dont beleive everything you read from the magazines,you just cant beat the reliability of these bikes,and personally i really dont care if they put efi on the bike or not.jets and needles are cheap,fuel pumps and engine parts are not,GO BLUE!!!

When you talk about fixing the carb what mods are you talking about? I've been researching this for the last week or so and still can't find a definitive answer. I bought a left over 2012 model last week and haven't had a chance to ride it yet. I ordered the R&D Powerbowl 2 and Merge Racing acc pump spring. Should this cure the low end bog stumble that the bike has?

I know ppl get dogged for saying it, but if you have Eleven10, Tokyo Mods etc do their carb mod, it won't bog again. Had it done to mine and I can't get the thing to hesitate if I tried. It wasn't ever a huge issue to begin with but I did experience the occasional stumble on g-outs and hard landings. As noslo said, the bikes are built quality and still very competative. I can see why they would lose the shootout, as most carry-over bikes don't do well. But when it comes to buying a bike that will perform and hold up, they are the way to go.

IF YOU GET THE POWERBOWL,IT COMES WITH A AP SPRING.JUST FOLLOW THE INSTUCTIONS AND YOUR GOOD TO GO.I ALSO MODIFY MY SLIDE ON THE 10 AND ELEVEN YR MODELS,BUT ITS NOT A NECESSITY ON A 12 OR NEWER.THE JD KIT AND SOME AP TIMING ADJUSTMENTS WILL MAKE ALL YEAR MODELS RUN VERY WELL.YOU JUST HAVE TO BE WILLING TO SPEND A BIT OF TIME WITH THE BIKE.A MEGABOMB AND RCT 4.1 EXHAUST ARE A GOOD INVESTMENT AND COMBINED WITH THE CARB WORK MAKE FOR A STRONG RUNNING YAMMIE.PEACE AND WHEELIES.MIKEY O.

Ok guys got the powerbowl installed and as noslo33 stated it does come with the stiffer linkage spring in the kit. However decided to install the Merge Racing spring cause I thought it was a little better made due to the fact it has the little loop like the factory spring and the R&D did not. Installation was straight forward and didn't have any problems. Set the leak jet at 1 1/2 turns and fuel screw at 1. Bike is completely stock other than this. The bog at the crack of throttle is completely gone and this is with no adjustment to the settings. Gonna take it out in the morning for the first track ride. Can't wait.