Sign in to follow this  

CRF100F grip heater power?

If someone has a wiring schematic for a 2004-08 CRF they can post up it would be greatly appreciated. I've got the heaters installed, have them wired correctly, have a solid ground, but can't get a steady 12v power source. I don't want to jack it into the coil lead, but I can't find anywhere else. Any ideas from anyone who has done it? I "think" I've covered everything, but obviously I'm missing something. Thanks in advance!

You can only have a steady 12v power source with a battery.

These small Hondas don't have that so no constant 12v power.

Are these small Hondas even 12v? or 6V?

Where did you wire it in? Stock CRF100s do not have a lighting coil or anything except ignition. And you cannot wire into the ignition.

Edited by 0macman0

Where did you wire it in? Stock CRF100s do not have a lighting coil or anything except ignition. And you cannot wire into the ignition.

You just gave me the anwser. I haven't wired it in yet since i didn't have 12v power. My 400 has the lighting coil so it was a no brainer, but I was hoping the 100 needed full juice for something (other than coil) that could be jumped into. I'll just mount a small 12v battery somewhere to power them short term for when the kids are riding on the ice.

Thanks

Dude, go google "xr100 roll your own wiring" and try that. I'm going that route over the winter :D