Sign in to follow this  

'08 RMZ 450 Front Brake Problem

Hi All,

Got a '08 RMZ 450 EFI with Nissin brakes on the front. Have the following problem, loss of pressure in the brake lever, which is sporadic. I have done the following; Flushed and changed the brake fluid, changed pads (Ferodo Sinterd), Changed Brake Disc, Changed the Seals in the Master Cylinder as well as the seals on the Pistons in the calipers, and yet i still have the issue. There is no damaged done to the Master, hose and caliper, and no leaks or air in the system. Any one have any ideas as to what it could be? The help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

A_dam.

sounds like theres still air in it. I reverse bleed the brakes, once they are full, take a syringe and force fluid from the caliper up, which is the way air wants to go in the first place. I also force the pistons completely in the calipers while bleeding, then if I cant get full pressure, let them come out a bit and repeat the reverse part.

I had so much trouble bleeding the brakes on my honda, I bought a Mity vac, which helps, along with reverse bleeding them, no more pump-pump-pump, bleed, pump-pump-pump, bleed. takes about 15 minutes this way. Another thought though, how old is that brake line?

hope this helps.

Edited by BK14MX

Thanks for this, will try it and see if it works. The brake line isn't old, about 1 year. Thanks for the advice, will try it and let you know if it works.

I agree. Sometimes it is one pesky bubble...many times they catch at the banjo bolt. Keep bleeding and tapping on the banjo bolt. Also zip tye the front brake lever to the grip all night long to see if that forces the air out.

Turns out it wasnt air, but the brand new SunStar disc i bought was warped, which when it heated up, bent into towards the wheel which caused the sudden loss in pressure... Who would have guessed it... But thanks for the advice.