Flywheel + Rekluse: Am I over doing it?

Background: I have a 2009 CRF450R, bought it back in July due to my kids only wanting to race MX and my 09WR450 was just not the right machine. I really like this machine, it has been a long time since I owned a Honda. I am doing 1 MX race a month and occasionally a HareScramble or GP in the area. I catch myelf stalling quite a bit. Not a fault of the machine, more a poor technique by me. So I purchased and installed a Stealthy Flywheel weight. I went with 17 ounce version.

Question: If I were to also purchase and install the Rekluse EXP 2.0 setup, would this be overkill? I did not feel the bike had a unmanagable hit to it, but I do like the flywheel changes. Should I just run the Rekluse or both?

Looking for advice or suggestions or if any of you have this combination already.

Thanks,

Jim

I have a 2006 CRF450 for 99% moto and went with a flywheel weight for stall prevention (not quite as heavy as you went). It cured the majority of my problems with stalling (for sure my issues and not the bikes) and as such I decided against the rekluse. I pretty much hear nothing but good from guys who have the rekluse and most say they will never have another bike without it. Not sure what it is but I just don't want it for some reason. I have had a couple chances to ride a bike that has one and never taken them up on it. I have a 250 two-stroke as well and I think that has taught me better use of the controls and I think that has helped with reducing my stalling on the 450 as well.

IMO the only reason to keep the FWW on if you do install a rekluse is if you like how the power delivery/tractability has changed with the FWW. Otherewise I don't see a need for both.

there are a few threads on this topic.. but as you already see from above, opinions vary. Personall? i will never race a harescramble or enduro without BOTH. I run a 13oz in my 08 (stock fw in the 04) but exp2.0 in both bikes. (not the core) .

Mx.. i don't even go to mx tracks any more so i can't help ya there, but understand this. The exp2.0 and core will allow you to use the clutch as NORMAL when you want to, and it will have pretty much a stock clutch lever feel. Thow in the the fact that Rekluse has a MONEY BACK guar. and how can you go wrong???

Edited by MELK-MAN