Made a new friend...

It was tall and covered with bark! Yep, during my lunch time romp through the woods, I met up with a tree. Front end washed out in a deep sand corner at about 25 and sent me straight into a tree as I tried to save it. Front tire was head on and I went straight into it. I'm still walking and talking, but I did get an instant headache when the helmet stopped on the side of the tree- bruised up the right side a little, but that just reminds me how much fun I was having!

The front wheel is wasted and the bars are bent- both sides forward. Fortunately, I was still able to ride it back to work and home. The reason for my post is for rim input.

I wonder if an Excel is stronger than stock, or about the same but lighter, or what. On the sport quad side that I know so well, truth is that most stock wheels are super strong and I don't know if that translates to bikes. The oem rim is stupid expensive new at $200+, BTO sells an Excel for $139. Complete front wheels are selling used for about $200 but you never know what your getting till the money is gone. So, I'm leaning toward the Excel and relacing and I just want to make sure it will at least be as strong as the stocker- it took a heck of lick and alot of abuse up until now!

Thanks for any input.

As a side note- I just broke 15k on the Dizzer and the bike has been totally awesome!

Edited by NRath

Only the SM's have Excel's.

I was just seeing teh Excel's as a cheaper alterniatve to buying a whole oem wheel- not to mention they're cool looking. Just wighing the options.

As for the helmet- yeah def due for a replacement.